• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Todays date makes me feel sad. 11th September. Who can ever forget those terrible scenes that unfolded before our eyes twelve years ago.

10 years ago my father in law passed away on this day. 8 years ago today my youngest was born. The date of his birth was a gift from above to stop his daughter from being so sad on 11th September.

God I feel old...I can still remember being dropped off for my 1st day of uni and it was 15 years ago now!!!

I can still remember very clearly being dropped off by my brother at Shrewsbury railway station and going off to see the world with the R.A.F., that was 35 years ago last week. I got as far as Germany and I ended up in Barnsley...

On 11/9/2001 I was on a service visit at Hygena in Howden. I put the van radio on to see if there was any football transfer news and they were talking about an aircraft crashing into the World Trade Centre. Still hard to take in.

Last edited:
Todays date makes me feel sad. 11th September. Who can ever forget those terrible scenes that unfolded before our eyes twelve years ago.

I remember that day very clearly and to be honest at the time I was too young to understand what was happening but it is sad looking back every year at the lives that were lost on that fateful September morning not just in New York but at the other crash sites like the Pentagon, flight American 77 in Arlington and the United 93 flight in Shanksville. The terror mongers may have struck but all they did was help a country and a world stand up to terror and say "we will not be intimidated"! 2977 people lost there lives and that makes me sad.

The conversation a temp at work (who's been working with us all week) has just had in the canteen makes me incredibly sad. He's a local Coalville bloke in his late forties and not particularly well educated. He just come out with a pearler though.

Apparently the world has been brainwashed to use and be run by money around 1000 years ago by someone who decided he could get paid for making other people do work for him. We should all actually be living off the land and trading things we don't need for other things we don't have. That way there would be no arguments or wars and we'd all get along perfectly.

Also, politicians like Cameron and Obama are just puppets on strings. They have no decision making power and the world is run behind the scenes by "The Illuminanti" (sic). The government is just a front and the gyppos have got the right idea by not giving them a penny. He hates gyppos but fair play to them.

No-one believes all this but he knows it's true because, wait for it, his missus is a medium.... Not one of those fraudulent ones though. They all give his missus a bad name. She's a "proper medium".

Jesus christ. I didn't think people like this still existed. I had to bite my tongue as it's not worth even trying to talk to someone like that.

Oh dear... I thought the care in the community act was put in place to help people who think like that

The conversation a temp at work (who's been working with us all week) has just had in the canteen makes me incredibly sad. He's a local Coalville bloke in his late forties and not particularly well educated. He just come out with a pearler though.

Apparently the world has been brainwashed to use and be run by money around 1000 years ago by someone who decided he could get paid for making other people do work for him. We should all actually be living off the land and trading things we don't need for other things we don't have. That way there would be no arguments or wars and we'd all get along perfectly.

Also, politicians like Cameron and Obama are just puppets on strings. They have no decision making power and the world is run behind the scenes by "The Illuminanti" (sic). The government is just a front and the gyppos have got the right idea by not giving them a penny. He hates gyppos but fair play to them.

No-one believes all this but he knows it's true because, wait for it, his missus is a medium.... Not one of those fraudulent ones though. They all give his missus a bad name. She's a "proper medium".

Jesus christ. I didn't think people like this still existed. I had to bite my tongue as it's not worth even trying to talk to someone like that.

Priceless!

A lot of younger people actually believe in all that Illuminati stuff

Priceless!

A lot of younger people actually believe in all that Illuminati stuff

I used to but i ain't been for years.

blkbp_phototour57.jpg

Today my contract finishes, it's only been 6 months but with some exceptions I've got on with everyone in the office and it's been great. Is kind of sad to say goodbye to everyone though, always is.

Onwards and upwards, I hope!

On Tuesday a 65 year old woman with Altzheimers, apparently, a lovely old lady living in Terenure took her dog (King Charles spaniel) out for a walk.
Got lost.

The next day her family put out a request for help all over Dublin.
No sign.

More and more people got involved and the tv and media got in on it too.
No sign.

5 days later she was found in a ditch some 16 miles away on the North side of Dublin. Unharmed, just dead by a tree in a ditch, apparently sheltering.
Her dog was standing next to her, guarding her dead body.
The dog was taken into care but died almost immediately.

How overwhelmingly sad.

I think I have now read all there is to read on what happened to Abraham Lincoln's body after he had died. Some of it makes for some pretty sad reading :(

Closed the pool up . A sign that Summer is well and truly over ,and soon begins months of snow. This makes me sad.

Still nice here too during the day, but night temps are dropping fast, which is making the pool heater work twice as hard and so decided it was time to close it.

Last night was a sad night in darkest Lincolnshire. A dear friend who had been poorly for some time passed away. Gone but never forgotten.

Last night was a sad night in darkest Lincolnshire. A dear friend who had been poorly for some time passed away. Gone but never forgotten.

Very sorry to hear that Frank, though suspect that both you & I are coming towards an age when this is more likely. Hopefully you have memories of good times to remember.

Back