• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we need to finish in the top 7, as long as Arsenal don't win the FA Cup, to qualify for Europe next season.

Replaced by the following: fine of €10m. Despite CAS saying they did breach ffp rules

Time barred too apparently which I think means they cheated long enough ago that it no longer counts

Any credibility UEFA had has gone down the toilet.

I think we've known for a couple of weeks they were going to get off. You aren't that confident without some inside information. Conceivable that we don't have any off season at all if we finish 7th.

Some of the actual text :-

The CAS award emphasized that most of the alleged breaches reported by the Adjudicatory Chamber
of the CFCB were either not established or time-barred. As the charges with respect to any dishonest
concealment of equity funding were clearly more significant violations than obstructing the CFCB’s
investigations, it was not appropriate to impose a ban on participating in UEFA’s club competitions
for MCFC’s failure to cooperate with the CFCB’s investigations alone.

For further information related to the CAS activity and procedures in general, please contact either Matthieu Reeb, CAS Director General, or Katy Hogg,
Communications Officer. Château de Béthusy, Avenue de Beaumont 2, 1012 Lausanne, Switzerland. media@tas-cas.org; Tel: (41 21) 613 50 00; fax:
(41 21) 613 50 01, or consult the CAS website: www.tas-cas.org
However, considering i) the financial resources of MCFC; ii) the importance of the cooperation of
clubs in investigations conducted by the CFCB, because of its limited investigative means; and iii)
MCFC’s disregard of such principle and its obstruction of the investigations, the CAS Panel found that
a significant fine should be imposed on MCFC and considered it appropriate to reduce UEFA’s initial
fine by 2/3, i.e. to the amount of EUR 10 million.
The final award with reasons will be published on the CAS website in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back