• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's absolutely shocking journalism if the mirror have based a story on a hoax website

What’s worse Steve is that I completely forgot I had him as captain myself until I looked this morning. Otherwise I would have taken him out!!

Rangnick to manager Milan next season, is quite an exciting move.

If it was because of Covid they'd have a case. As it's because of to put it delicately questionable ownership practice then I don't see how they can, even though the club, fans and employees have been Royley shafted

I would think they're going to say to the EFL "if you'd looked properly into what this chancer (who may not even exist) was going to do on day one of 'his' ownership, then you wouldn't have let the takeover go through".

As has been detailed, Wigan aren't in an actual financial mess, not from a football club perspective. Ok, the accounts never look that great at a club like that where income doesn't match expenditure, but that was all being covered and they weren't shafting players, staff or suppliers, it's not like they've gained an unfair advantage by running a massive unsustainable wage bill either. On a sporting level, the sanction doesn't make a lot of sense on this occasion other than just "them's the rules" (which I suppose you can't argue with, but still).

The EFL are already on shaky ground with all the Steve Dale stuff from last year when they blatantly didn't check it out properly.

From what I've seen the whole thing at Wigan is a right mess. The EFL should consider who wins out of giving them a 12 point deduction and what that opens up in the future.

Its looking like Ian Lenagan is making an offer to take them over, would be great as maybe we could sort the pitch out for rugby not football (which I'm sure has surely never crossed his mind)

Remember (what feels like) years ago when Eric Dier jumed into the crowd to get at some fans giving his brother abuse...well he has been given a 4 game ban for that and fined £40k

Looks like IFAB are extending five subs to all of 2020/21.

The whole situation is fucking crazy.

As you all know, I tend to get wind of these kind of things long before they break, I've put stuff about numerous other clubs in the past. This one was totally out of the blue. I knew nothing about it and nor did anyone else I know. Just bang, admin.

Further to this...

Might be worth sticking a fiver on Sheffield Wednesday to go down. Possibly. Maybe.

Further to this...

Might be worth sticking a fiver on Sheffield Wednesday to go down. Possibly. Maybe.

It seems they have incorporated this into the odds....

Sheff Weds - Evens to go down
Birmingham (3 points worse off) 6-1

Straight up admin rumours now.

But they've been up to dodgy shit for ages. The stadium sale is a total mess, their ticketing makes no sense, they got a load of money from advertising a taxi firm (owned by Chansiri) that doesn't even operate. Likely to get clobbered one way or another.

Derby are up for similar stuff with the stadium. Turns out now that the £81m used to buy the ground (the EFL contend it's worth nothing like that, which is the basis of the case) was borrowed off a guy who's currently been detained for stock market fraud and Germany want to extradite him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back