• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2024/25 - Everything Not Wolves

Broja deal also off for Ipswich

Stansfield to Blues...over £10m. Absolutely insane for L1

My word. He isn't anything special at all.

Good move not celebrating when he scored against them this week! I'm assuming the effective flogging of the ground to themselves via naming rights covers them FFP wise?

Good move not celebrating when he scored against them this week! I'm assuming the effective flogging of the ground to themselves via naming rights covers them FFP wise?
FFP doesn't really matter in L1/L2 and even less in the Conference (you saw it there big time with Nev and friends at Salford and Deadpool at Wrexham)

Which makes it all the more weird that they've spent such insane amounts and then put someone in charge who has zero experience (he could turn out to be great but he has literally no managerial CV)

Remember the heady days when £15m got you a Ruben Neves? 🤪

I mean he looks alright. But he's basically 2024 Andy Keogh. And inflation hasn't been so rampant that you need to pay about 15x what we did for that in 2007.

Auston Trusty has managed to get bought by Celtic. Closer to his level.

Newcastle fans not a happy bunch this morning.

All expected a CB and a RW. Spent weeks on Guehi and had no back up option. Didn't really go after a winger properly until 7pm yesterday.

Murmurings are that Howe is a bit of an arse (shock) and was being protected by Staveley. Since she’s gone he’s not getting his own way any more and there’s conflict over transfer targets etc. Think he’ll be gone soon

Murmurings are that Howe is a bit of an arse (shock) and was being protected by Staveley. Since she’s gone he’s not getting his own way any more and there’s conflict over transfer targets etc. Think he’ll be gone soon
Given their open shows of affection in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. I don't think Howe is that good. Ain't exactly difficult to coach when you have some of the players he has had at his disposal. More about man management and he's average at that.

Newcastle fans not a happy bunch this morning.

All expected a CB and a RW. Spent weeks on Guehi and had no back up option. Didn't really go after a winger properly until 7pm yesterday.
Sad ain't it?
All the money in the world but too late to the party.
Been there, done that.

But isn't it a sad indictment on the game when a league allows a monopoly on who can spend money and who can't? City, Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool in the upper echelons with Spurs below them. As for the rest, good luck if you want to break into that circle because they will find every way possible to deny it.

That said, I have some good friends who are Newcastle fans. Salt of the earth people who deserve better. Football deserves better.

Back