• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2024/25 - Everything Not Wolves

Arsenal in for Sterling.

Standard from the experts on TV the response to they have been offered Coman from Bayern but Sterling is the better option as "he knows the league"

Looks like Toney is off to Saudi. Al-Ahli agree a £40m fee
With Kane getting towards the end of his time as automatic pick as England’s number 9 the opportunity for Toney to play regularly is there, but not if he’s playing in Saudi. I’d rather earn less, but still a silly amount, and take the chance of playing for England regularly. He’ll probably only gamble away the extra he earns anyway😀

With Saka, Martinelli and Trossard I’m not sure why Arsenal would want a player that looks a shadow of what he was three years ago.

With Kane getting towards the end of his time as automatic pick as England’s number 9 the opportunity for Toney to play regularly is there, but not if he’s playing in Saudi. I’d rather earn less, but still a silly amount, and take the chance of playing for England regularly. He’ll probably only gamble away the extra he earns anyway😀

Toney is 30 before the World Cup comes around and Kane is 100% making at least one more tournament.

I think @Lupo said Toney will pick up 60m over 3 years. There is no income tax in Saudi so he gets to keep the lot. It's a huge amount of money

Nottingham Forest are understood to have made a bid for Kelleher but their offer of £25-30m was short of Liverpool’s valuation.

So Liverpool sign one of the best goalkeeping prospects in the world for £29m but want almost the same if not more for the reserve keeper that they deem surplus to requirements.

• Mind Blown
Reactions: b3h
Nottingham Forest are understood to have made a bid for Kelleher but their offer of £25-30m was short of Liverpool’s valuation.

So Liverpool sign one of the best goalkeeping prospects in the world for £29m but want almost the same if not more for the reserve keeper that they deem surplus to requirements.
Liverpool always seem to put high valuations on their players....and clubs are happy to pay it.

They’ll still need Kelleher as a back up though, new keeper is on loan at Valencia until Allison leaves next summer (presumably) so having a solid backup is probably more important than the money to them at the moment

Liverpool are just bloody good at getting insane money for their players.

Crazy. Why West Ham would let him go on loan to a rival for the season seems very strange.
Lop doesn't want him and they need him out so they can bring Carlos Soler in from PSG.

Don't think West Ham view Forest as rivals, with their spending (and what they already had in place) they're after chasing the likes of Chelsea and Newcastle, not clubs they already finished miles above.

JWP isn't very good. Runs like an old woman into a 60mph wind.

Don't think West Ham view Forest as rivals, with their spending (and what they already had in place) they're after chasing the likes of Chelsea and Newcastle, not clubs they already finished miles above.

JWP isn't very good. Runs like an old woman into a 60mph wind.
For me, outside of Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool, everyone should view each other as rivals. West Ham were dirge in pre-season and based on that, could be in for a relegation battle.

As for JWP, I agree that he isn't particularly good but his set pieces usually are. I don't know why he'd pick Forest and not fight for his place at West Ham.

Back