• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Top 20 Wolves Goals: 1990s (1989/90-1998/99)

Another from Birch, early 90's, in front of the old South Bank.

Ball came in from the left, and he volleyed it first time from the right. Sweet connection.

I saw it on a compilation video years ago. I'm tempted to say we lost the game. Possibly Brighton.

There was a Birch grass cutter at the North Bank end that featured on the intro to Central Sports special, lovely goal.

Another from Birch, early 90's, in front of the old South Bank.

Ball came in from the left, and he volleyed it first time from the right. Sweet connection.

I saw it on a compilation video years ago. I'm tempted to say we lost the game. Possibly Brighton.
Found it - against Tranmere Rovers in 1991/92 - we drew.

Another superb goal to add to the list.

I never saw him play and I've just read he died tragically from bone cancer at only 46.

There was a Birch grass cutter at the North Bank end that featured on the intro to Central Sports special, lovely goal.
Haven't figured it out yet - I'm sure DW will know.

Just seen a few more of his goals . . . bloody hell . . . he was the Ruben Neves of the 90s in always scoring top goals for Wolves.

Found it - against Tranmere Rovers in 1991/92 - we drew.

Another superb goal to add to the list.

I never saw him play and I've just read he died tragically from bone cancer at only 46.
Did you see his brother Alan play for us? Signed from Chesterfield in the early 80s.

Haven't figured it out yet - I'm sure DW will know.

Just seen a few more of his goals . . . bloody hell . . . he was the Ruben Neves of the 90s in always scoring top goals for Wolves.
He was alright but never quite the same after Paul Tait clobbered him with an awful challenge. Was forever very hesitant in the tackle after that.

Tragic that he passed away so early, was a very popular character in the dressing room.

This late Birch winner against Grimsby in November 1991 with a bit of a mazy run (3:47 in) saved Turner's job:

Sir Jack was literally on the South Bank gauging fan opinion. We'd lost 5 in a row and 7 out of 9 (with two draws). If we'd drawn or lost he'd have got sacked.

With the recent love-in for Paul Birch, we're now up to 41 nominations. I'm also thinking down the track of doing a goals compilation for Paul Birch given the high number of quality goals he scored for Wolves - 19 goals in total.

I'll give it another 5-6 days (after the dust settles with the game at Brentford this Saturday).

It's going to be very hard to narrow the list down to 20.

Screen Shot 2024-10-04 at 1.16.47 pm.png

Can't believe Bully's left foot bollocker against Bolton in 88 isn't included. This needs to be addressed.

Back