• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Top 20 Wolves Goals: 1990s (1989/90-1998/99)

With the recent love-in for Paul Birch, we're now up to 41 nominations. I'm also thinking down the track of doing a goals compilation for Paul Birch given the high number of quality goals he scored for Wolves - 19 goals in total.
One for further down the line but I'd love a Dean Sturridge compilation. So many quality goals from a quality, if relatively short-lived Wolves player (he joined in late November 2001, and only ever started 7 more league games after the playoff final in May 2003).

One for further down the line but I'd love a Dean Sturridge compilation. So many quality goals from a quality, if relatively short-lived Wolves player (he joined in late November 2001, and only ever started 7 more league games after the playoff final in May 2003).
One away at Palace has to be a contender when the next thread starts.

Yes he's one the list - next one I'll actually compile will be SEB, just haven't got around to editing it yet.

So in the planning stage:
  • SEB
  • Dean Sturridge
  • Alex Rae (ie like Paul Birch pretty much only scored top goals)
  • Paul Birch
However, the next compilation release will be the result from this thread which will be later this month.

A couple of changes I'll make for this compilation is that I'll include a title of the scorer and the match details in the respective video clip, plus a replay of the goal (if one existed). Again like previous compilations they will be in match date sequence.

Re The Wolves Archive planned releases for the rest of October will be seasons 2007/08, 2008/09, 2009/10, 2010/11, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2013/14 plus the compilation video from this thread. Seasons 2007/08 to 2011/12 are already uploaded and scheduled.

I'll be on holiday at Vanuata with the good wife for the first 2 weeks of November so I'll be taking a breather from the channel, although I'll be checking on TWF sipping cocktails from the pool - someone's gotta do it ;).

I'll kick off a thread for the Top 20 Wolves Goals: 2000s (1999/00-2008/09) when I get back from holiday. This is going to be even harder to narrow down to 20 than the 1990s as there's an abundance of great goals, although in jumping the gun I'd be wagering that Rae's volley against Notlob and SEB's individual goal against Charlton will be almost definite selections.

Now where's my passport ?

OK then I'll give it 2 more days and then I'll close the nominations - 42 goals so far nominated.

Screen Shot 2024-10-07 at 2.17.30 pm.png

One final nomination from me - Robbie Dennison Wolves 2-2 WBA (Division 2 - 6/4/1991).

Given we'll have at least 43 goals to chose from, can anybody let me know that in creating a post with a poll you can have 43+ selections ?

Both these made my top 10. I was amazed at how many good goals he scored for us, and how few Bully goals there were
In a couple of months time I plan to do a goals compilation for Paul Birch.

To be honest until the last few weeks, Paul Birch was just a name of a player who played for Wolves in the early-to-mid 1990s (there was no coverage of Wolves in NZ in the 90s) but in the last few weeks it's been highlighted how many fine goals he scored for Wolves.

Well worth a tribute, especially as he died quite young at 46 from bone cancer.

Back