• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Top 20 Wolves Goals: 1990s (1989/90-1998/99)

95/96 for the Cov game.

Not sure on Gomez. 98/99?
All good - figured them all out.

Update as of this morning (OZ time) - 30 goals already nominated.

If I've made an error let me know. Also if someone has nominated a goal already nominated by someone else the nomination goes to the first poster (sorry DW).

DW has also told me he'll write a companion piece once the top 20 goals are finalised.

I've also added Paatelainen's clean strike against QPR in the 1997/98 League Cup.

Screen Shot 2024-09-30 at 7.04.49 am.png

Having recently released and revised the 2006/07 season, there will be 3 certain nominations for the Top 20 Wolves Goals: 2000s - in a few weeks time.
  • Jay Bothroyd vs Ipswich in Aug'06
  • Again Bothroyd vs Leeds in Sep'06
  • Jemal Johnson vs Sunderland in Nov'6

Dennison scored a brilliant goal against Stoke (?) In the 90s too, turned out the goals were slightly higher than they should have been though? I'll try and find it.

Robbie scored a belter in the FA Centenary Festival at Wembley but I'm not sure it qualifies...

Dennison scored a brilliant goal against Stoke (?) In the 90s too, turned out the goals were slightly higher than they should have been though? I'll try and find it.
This one.

It's a cracker !

I had to change the thumbnail to honour the goal.

Last edited:
Another quality Robbie goal at Mansfield in January 1995 (state of the pitch)

I'll throw in a nomination for Iwan Roberts vs West Brom (H), January 1997. 2:45 onwards on the video.

A simple goal, but a quality one. Trademark graft from Bully with the ability to match it up, a nice ball from Emblen right into Jamie Smith's path, an accurate first time cross and a thumping header.

Sniffer's nomination of Geoff Thomas's goal vs Sunderland is quite a superb run.

I also like DW's nomination of Iwan Roberts terrific header vs WBS - simple and neat move.

Not every goal has to be a wonder strike from 25-30 yards.

We're up to 35 nomination now.

Screen Shot 2024-10-02 at 11.30.35 pm.png

I always had a soft spot for a goal Bully scored from about 30 yards out against Hereford at Edgar Street in the late 80s. Also his late winner against Blues at Molineux in the mid 90s (for its significance and the joy it gave rather than its aesthetic appeal)

I always had a soft spot for a goal Bully scored from about 30 yards out against Hereford at Edgar Street in the late 80s. Also his late winner against Blues at Molineux in the mid 90s (for its significance and the joy it gave rather than its aesthetic appeal)
A good through ball and cracking finish as he was falling over as he hit it.

Also his late winner against Blues at Molineux in the mid 90s (for its significance and the joy it gave rather than its aesthetic appeal)
Just noticed on the list - I nominated this one last week but it's been listed as an FA Cup goal from the same season. It's the winner in the 3-2 that I put forward :)

I'll also a do Top Wolves Goals for the 1970s and 1980s (although the available footage is quite limited compared to the 1990s onwards) - but next one will be the 2000s; probably for early November as once the top 20 for the 1990s is voted on as I've actually got to edit and compile the video !

Last edited:

Always liked the opener in this one too. Sat in a Blues section where there were a few spare seats around. Not sure if the bloke in front of me was trying to out me or could have also been a Wolf as he turned to me and said "cracking finish that" I'd already been spotted by a mate of my brothers who was a Blues fan at the food kiosk inside so I was a bit nervous to say the least.

Back