• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anyone can edit Wikipedia. I'm sceptical of any rumours until they sign now - we've been linked with a ridiculous amount of players.

Sounds good to me, I love physical freaks with a atleast a bit of skill and brain, everything else can be taught. You cant teach skilful 6'6

Anyone can edit Wikipedia. I'm sceptical of any rumours until they sign now - we've been linked with a ridiculous amount of players.

Me too. Time is ticking away and nothing has happened yet.

All bluff and bluster so far.

The transfer window has been slow in general, and theres not loads going on, I'm not worried either as I trust they will get the right players in - I did see though that so far only 3 teams have bought in no new players (not including making loans permanent) - Chelsea (Transfer ban) Newcastle (on verge of signing Joelinton) Wolves.

I think deadline day will be manic for a lot of clubs this year.

Now if we (not Wolves specifically obvs) hadn't needlessly brought the transfer deadline forward by a ridiculous amount, none of the clubs in question would be worried at this stage.

We need patience but the fact we have 0 new players, a wafer thin squad and we're less than 3 weeks from our 1st game of the PL season must be getting a little bit concerning, surely? I felt sure we'd have new players in by now.

Bringing in players on deadline day is generally a fool's game and a sign of panic IMO.

Only to an extent - it’s also when clubs release players and when players realise they have to make a decision on who to join

Only to an extent - it’s also when clubs release players and when players realise they have to make a decision on who to join

I get your point, I just tend to feel like it's a day when it seems clubs sign someone because they've failed to land the player who was their genuine target, so they'll get anyone in as a desperate resort.

We won’t be doing much on deadline day apart from playing a game in either Armenia or the Czech Republic

We won’t be doing much on deadline day apart from playing a game in either Armenia or the Czech Republic

I wouldn't be so sure at all. The way fees have gone (50m for an average PL player) a lot of teams are going to be playing poker this year to see if they can get a deal as other things move. I wouldn't be surprised if we did do a deal on deadline day. Last Summer we did Dendoncker on deadline day and also tried to get Zinchenko done.

Not if we've signed all the players we want

It still would, you never know if an opportunity might present itself that you don't expect late in the day. There is no way the club would be stupid enough to leave themselves without the necessary staff here to sign off a deal and perform a medical just because the first team have got a game overseas.

It would be madness to shut up shop before everyone else did, if we dont go down to the wire who knows what we might miss out on

Back