• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

What can Fosun do now?

The whole forum fell hook line and sinker for the Fabio hype when he joined. First to somewhat call it as dodgy was jrod. Then some nob mentioned the Mendes carousel. Still, maybe those in charge should have known better...

Yeah, everything was great.

Brilliant to play an FA Cup quarter final at home against a team from a lower division and lose because we had to use two Academy kids who aren't anywhere near ready up front. All because the owners decided to loan out two first team strikers in January and sign no-one, leaving us with no back up to the starting XI, like there are no players in world football that we could attract for 4-5 months if nothing else, or as if we have the kind of budget you'd ascribe to Kidderminster or Hednesford.

Just to pick out an obvious example but it probably hurts less if your involvement extends to opening and closing your laptop once a week from thousands of miles away.

The whole forum fell hook line and sinker for the Fabio hype when he joined. First to somewhat call it as dodgy was jrod. Then some nob mentioned the Mendes carousel. Still, maybe those in charge should have known better...
Did they? I know at least one poster who didn't, who said the fee was obscene and that even if he turned out to be good we weren't at the phase in our development where we could spend that much money on a developmental player. Pretty sure Punts also said something similar

Pretty sure the overriding mood was "I've never seen him and know nothing about him but the club must surely have seen something special in him to spend that much on such scant first team evidence, and Nuno doesn't generally take crap being foisted on him".

Then he played against Stoke in the League Cup, looked like an U12s player playing in an U18s game and optimism swiftly evaporated.

Anyone saying they'd watched loads of him and it was definitely a good deal was fibbing.

Brilliant to play an FA Cup quarter final at home against a team from a lower division and lose because we had to use two Academy kids who aren't anywhere near ready up front. All because the owners decided to loan out two first team strikers in January and sign no-one, leaving us with no back up to the starting XI, like there are no players in world football that we could attract for 4-5 months if nothing else, or as if we have the kind of budget you'd ascribe to Kidderminster or Hednesford.

Just to pick out an obvious example but it probably hurts less if your involvement extends to opening and closing your laptop once a week from thousands of miles away.
Whoa deutsch, out of order sir, methinks.
Some of us live a long way away, don't get to see wolves in the flesh, but we are still loyal supporters, with our opinions on various subjects, and it's a tad unfair to suggest we have no valuable thoughts or opinions,purely because we live 1,000 or more miles away.
I've followed wolves since 1958, through thick and very thin, so in my humble opinion, i and the many on the forum like me, deserve a bit of respect at least.
Being there doesn't make everyone a genius, neither does not being there, but opinions are not scientific fact.

Some of us live a long way away, don't get to see wolves in the flesh, but we are still loyal supporters, with our opinions on various subjects, and it's a tad unfair to suggest we have no valuable thoughts or opinions,purely because we live 1,000 or more miles away.
I've followed wolves since 1958, through thick and very thin, so in my humble opinion, i and the many on the forum like me, deserve a bit of respect at least.
Being there doesn't make everyone a genius, neither does not being there, but opinions are not scientific fact.
It's only a dig at one individual saying everything is rosy because we're in the Premier League, and we were good five years ago, what more do you want, when it isn't. And clearly his lack of actual involvement colours that inaccurate view.

It doesn't make anyone's opinion more correct or more valid. They are more invested financially though, they are the ones denied a Wembley visit, they are the ones investing considerably more time. They are just facts

It's only a dig at one individual saying everything is rosy because we're in the Premier League, and we were good five years ago, what more do you want, when it isn't. And clearly his lack of actual involvement colours that inaccurate view.
Not disagreeing, just thought you might have found a better stick to beat him with.
😎

It doesn't make anyone's opinion more correct or more valid. They are more invested financially though, they are the ones denied a Wembley visit, they are the ones investing considerably more time. They are just facts
See my reply to dw

Bollocks.

Did they? I know at least one poster who didn't, who said the fee was obscene and that even if he turned out to be good we weren't at the phase in our development where we could spend that much money on a developmental player. Pretty sure Punts also said something similar
Just talking about his welcome thread really. Probably went as DW said after that. As I say the owners/Shi should have known better

DW bang out of order don't know who the fuck you think you are, just because you live in Wolves does not mean it hurts less for me. That defeat V Coventry cost me a lot more than you.

3 of us had flights over for the Semi Final booked and paid for, we also had guaranteed tickets.

Every defeat hurts me as much as it hurts you, I probably see more Wolves games than you do, I watch every game home and away.

Was last season good, No was the squad big enough absolutely not.

Did we suffer yes, but I am by and large happy with Fosun tenure so far, and, this season has started ok with 3 signings.
This bollocks about super fans because you live in Wolves, and go to the game is exactly that Bollocks.
That means actually your view counts less for the coming season cos you are no longer a Season Ticket holder.

Back