• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Kevin Mirallas and Milivojevic both came to England from the Greek Superleague and did ok for themselves. Imagine if nobody had ever taken a chance on Salah as he had played in Switzerland.

Salah's successful spell came after a good time in Serie A.

All I'm saying is that transfers from the Greek league seem to be pretty high risk compared to others.

good players can come from either top/weaker leagues, but there are more better players in more competitive leagues- if we do sign someone, especially for anything over 10+ million there's bound to a decent amount of scouting done on players, can't argue too much on transfers brought in under Nuno, overwhelmingly most of them have been successful- he's won enough of my trust to back him in whoever we bring in. From the top of my head, Adama is the only significant transfer with any questions marks about him, but even he can step up. Miranda (around 3 mil) and Rafa Mir (2 mil) is the ones we probably will eventually move on, we're bound to make the money back from those, in accumulated loan fees + eventual transfer.

I’m assuming the Dias deal is dead in the water if we are bidding £40m for other defenders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can halt any potential other bids/negotiations once we land a target.

I’m assuming the Dias deal is dead in the water if we are bidding £40m for other defenders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or you can assume we have more than 1 target and if one fails we have a back up

Sports Witness are this year's HITC it seems.

Yeah, it's a bargaining tool. Shows we aren't putting all our eggs in one basket and can walk away from a bad deal...

Tim Spiers
@tim_spiers_Star·18m
I gather Wolves are still hopeful of wrapping up the signing of AC Milan and Italy striker Patrick Cutrone as they look to bring in some quality first-team additions. Things are starting to pick up pace now

I don't think Tim would be posting stuff like this unless he was fairly confident. Hopefully we get a couple through the door before the weekend.

Finding it hard to know how much to invest in Spiers at the moment - optimistically I agree he wouldn't be saying anything if he didn't have something being fed to him, but he seems fairly adamant he's not acting as a mouthpiece. Which, if true, means that potentially this isn't as concrete as we might like and could still fall apart (or we could be gazumped) - as we know deals can trip up over the smallest thing. I'm hoping the club's learned its lesson over the past couple years about hoping/assuming things will work out.

Alternatively Spiers has gone rogue and is posting stuff the club doesn't want out there in the public domain, but I have to think he wouldn't risk the relationship, especially when he's about to move job and won't have the almighty E&S machine behind him.

still hopeful of wrapping up the signing
----------
they look to bring in some quality first-team additions.

Doesn't sound like we're very close on anything.

Please don't try to read hidden meanings into Tim's prose :icon_lol:

He has his talents but nuanced writing is not one of them.

Back