• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Well I said 2 weeks ago there was nothing to worry about for 3 weeks. There’s been a lot more murmurings in the last week so hopefully week 3 is when we get some people through the door.

Well I said 2 weeks ago there was nothing to worry about for 3 weeks. There’s been a lot more murmurings in the last week so hopefully week 3 is when we get some people through the door.

Completely with you. This lot have a plan, and so far I am totally on board with it.

Mendes can do that as long as gets us 2 or 3 big players. We have only had 1 Uncle Jorge favour player since he arrived, so we are due another.

Mendes can do that as long as gets us 2 or 3 big players. We have only had 1 Uncle Jorge favour player since he arrived, so we are due another.
God I may well take a twf shoeing here. If that's what it takes to keep uncle George happy, so be it!

Linked with a bid for Papa Abou Cisse.

I know nothing about him apart from the fact he is a 6"6' defender.

Arsenal apparently preparing a £10m bid. So presumably Olympiakos value him at £20m...

When's the last time a player from the Greek League had success in England?

Holebas is German, essentially. Don't think he'd ever even lived in Greece before he went to Olympiacos.

Yaya Toure played in Greece in the dim and distant past, not for very long though.

Mavrias for sunderland, was absolutely awful. They loaned him back to panathinakios within a season, theu didnt really want him back eventually went on a free

The success rate if signings from a particular league is hardly invalid.

Aye, but you wouldn't turn down Mathias de Ligt because Afonso Alves was rotten.

It's only fairly recently that Portuguese players (especially attacking ones) have been successful in England. Not sure if it's still the case but at one point Luis Boa Morte was the top scoring non-Ronaldo Portuguese player in Premier League history.

Back