• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Nope, we do want to be in the position where Jota, Raul and two new quality strikers are rotating.

This literally doesn’t happen though. Look at Salah and Mane, they play every (meaningful) game that they are available for.

You play your strongest team most the time, every club does it, even Man City who have a huge squad.

I don't really know a lot about Dias, but I do know that a player with an €88m release clause and with clubs like Arsenal, Man U and Real Madrid interested is not likely to be shit...

It's this that makes me think we probably won't get him. Are we really going to stump up 88m euros?

It isn't fees that kill us with FFP (we actually haven't spent that much, and we have the money), it's wages. But with the PL relaxing those rules, we're moving on it seems.

As soon as that rule changed on 1 July, our options massively opened up. This sort of link is the result.

It's this that makes me think we probably won't get him. Are we really going to stump up 88m euros?
Nobody is going to pay the release clause, it's 20m more than De Ligt. Doesn't mean someone won't pay 50m+ though and Benfica aren't rejecting that kind of money

(possible) SCENES

cabefaa5c7d00fea8c89816f01531009.jpg
ff1d14a10a1382ef299a42ab4f0d5c87.jpg

Yeah, I've been sat on all these names for months as well. I could tell you all exactly who we'll be signing, but I can't. Once the window closes, I'll let you know if I was right (I am).

Horseshit attention seeking.

They’re talking shit. The club don’t let these details go, I knew Cav was off to Fulham a week before it even broke and Costa was a given. Traore as RWB was another one but there has been fuck all leaked about incomings. Fuck all.

Wikipedia is currently listing Dias club as Wolverhampton Wanderers.....must be happening then?????

Wikipedia is currently listing Dias club as Wolverhampton Wanderers.....must be happening then?????

Perhaps better to wait until wwfc is listing it - you know, just to be on the safe side :icon_lol:

By all accounts Crutone isn’t keen on the move

This literally doesn’t happen though. Look at Salah and Mane, they play every (meaningful) game that they are available for.

You play your strongest team most the time, every club does it, even Man City who have a huge squad.

Yeah, I know. That's what I am saying. Play your strongest side in games when you need to, or for seventy minutes, then throw someone like Leroy Sane on. He doesn't seem to mind.
We need a squad with a depth of quality if we are going to challenge the likes of City.
That means quality players sitting on the bench and being sold the reason why by the management.

We need a squad with a depth of quality if we are going to challenge the likes of City.

1st part of that is true but the 2nd is years away. Our initial target is get closer to the top 6

I feel a bit like when you turn up at a party and everyone else is already too wasted for your sober self to enjoy. This feels a bit Cancelo too me, in chasing targets that feel a bit too unobtainable currently. The jaded cynic in me feels that Mendes might be using Wolves to drive Dias market.

I would also be very happy with Cutrone, lets hope it happens :)

Back