• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Finding it hard to know how much to invest in Spiers at the moment - optimistically I agree he wouldn't be saying anything if he didn't have something being fed to him, but he seems fairly adamant he's not acting as a mouthpiece. Which, if true, means that potentially this isn't as concrete as we might like and could still fall apart (or we could be gazumped) - as we know deals can trip up over the smallest thing. I'm hoping the club's learned its lesson over the past couple years about hoping/assuming things will work out.

Alternatively Spiers has gone rogue and is posting stuff the club doesn't want out there in the public domain, but I have to think he wouldn't risk the relationship, especially when he's about to move job and won't have the almighty E&S machine behind him.

I think people are getting a bit too wrapped up in the ‘relationship’.

While Tim absolutely wants to keep the club onside, I don’t agree that their relationship extends to the club explicitly telling him not to say anything on certain issues. I reckon posting something like “I gather the club is still interested” even where that information doesn’t come from the club to be completely neutral to the relationship.

I’d actually be uncomfortable if the club thought otherwise. It isn’t the job of the press to speak only when told they can.

Sky saying Cutrone is considering his future - which I take to mean Milan have said they want him to leave, and he’s putting his name out there in hope of a better offer before joining us...

Sky have about 6 different views on his transfer. Firing out all options so they can say they were right when he moves or stays put

Easy to understand Cutrone's POV in my opinion. Grown up as a Milan supporter - dreamed of playing for them. Suddenly finds out he's not wanted and he's probably not heard of Wolves until two weeks ago. Imagine if we turn round to MGW in two years and say, "sorry we don't want you but we've had an offer from Palermo." He's going to be unsure of the move and he's going to explore all the other options in the UK before he gets on the plane

We don't even know if he's unsure of the move, that narrative seems to have come from one questionable twitter source and then repeated. I remember similar rumours surfacing that Boly didn't want to come here and about a week later he signed

Top level negotiations are complicated. I'm not surprised or concerned that the process might be taking a while.

We don't even know if he's unsure of the move, that narrative seems to have come from one questionable twitter source and then repeated. I remember similar rumours surfacing that Boly didn't want to come here and about a week later he signed
Remember when Boly wasn't going to sign permanently because his brother didn't like it here or some other rubbish...

Well this random man on Twitter says its done

kaptan
@BVBKaptan

Cutrone is done!
Silva is done!
Ángel Correa is done!

Back