• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

It'll be the usual bullshit. Clear and obvious nonsense.

Hmm, just listening to Gary O’Neill and I know it’s early days but I’m definitely warming to him.
My lad said the other day he’s only 40 not that much older than some of the players and they might buy into what he wants.

He’s clearly creating a siege mentality and building up the players after they’d previously been told they needed additions to be competitive (I don’t think Lop intended to slag them off, it was a message to Shi).

I think he has some good ideas and clearly does his research on teams - mentioned how they knew United’s midfield wasn’t the best so played on that.

He was clearly and obviously out of control, got nowhere near the ball and wiped out an opponent but, yeah, Man U

Simplistically he is very similar, incredible runner with the ball but can't score or assist.

Don't get me wrong he was superb tonight, but he should score from 2 yards and he should pass to Neto rather than Sarabia in the first half.
The biggest difference being Cunha has a brain and never stops moving.

Your hero was fucking shite.

Fair fucks to GO. Gone to Utd and took the game to them. If we could shoot we would be building a statue of him tonight...(in Johnny's garden)

Also, fuck VAR. What is the actual point of it.
I understand GON is the sitting head coach but that performance was a continuation of the form shown in preseason.

For all the criticism levelled at JL, that was his team out there tonight. Full credit to JL and his staff for having this group of players looking so well drilled and so fit.

He's left us in good nick, even if Guo, Shi and the board have not.

He’s clearly creating a siege mentality and building up the players after they’d previously been told they needed additions to be competitive (I don’t think Lop intended to slag them off, it was a message to Shi).

I think he has some good ideas and clearly does his research on teams - mentioned how they knew United’s midfield wasn’t the best so played on that.
Please stop saying this it isn't true.

I understand GON is the sitting head coach but that performance was a continuation of the form shown in preseason.

For all the criticism levelled at JL, that was his team out there tonight. Full credit to JL and his staff for having this group of players looking so well drilled and so fit.

He's left us in good nick, even if Guo, Shi and the board have not.
yep.

Can see why O'Neil impressed Hobbs... Said all the right things post-match, forthright about the penalty and injustice but not whinging, diplomatic about our transfer situation, rightly praised the great away support...needs to get the same level of performance at Molineux next weekend now

Cunha was magnificent. I know he’s kinda cost us. But if he plays to that level every week he’ll win us plenty of games
He was fantastic tonight. World class ability with the ball but I’m struggling to think of a player with such a disparity between that and finishing ability.

Like he doesn’t Just get unlucky, he’s completely misses the target consistently.

Thought Gary O’Neil’s post match interview on Sky was excellent.
Said all the right things. Came across as measured and convincing.
A good evening for the club in all ways, except the result

Back