• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Dirty Leeds Done Dirt Cheap: Wolves 4 Leeds 1 - The Verdict

Highlights

Douglas goal ridiculous - Cavs's is a sublime turn

Leo won the space for Jota's - Definite red for Viera and Lonners can't have any argument over the penalty though the player was probably going wide of the goal

Good strike for the Leeds goal as well

Leeds boss Thomas Christiansen:

"We have faced the best team in the league tonight. Their pace and movement is exceptional.

"But look at the players they have. Jota, Costa, Cavaleiro, Bonatini. Who wouldn't want one of them in their team?

"But we matched them at times and were in it until the sending off. We have to learn from that and accept it. The referee was right."

So good to hear the opposition making these comments about the Wolves.

That's a great result today and what a performance. The build up play to our second and third was sublime and so pleased for Costa to get off the mark. Missed the bit of skill on the right touch line that everyone's been talking about so I'm looking forward to seeing that!

Don't think its to be taken that seriously - just a by product of us at the top of the Championship & them struggling a touch in the Premier

Yeah I know - but I don't give that lot a second thought. Just delighted with how we're doing. Fuck everyone else! I know I'm in a minority with regards to the local rivalry.

Yeah I know - but I don't give that lot a second thought. Just delighted with how we're doing. Fuck everyone else! I know I'm in a minority with regards to the local rivalry.

I don't have local rivalry as I'm a plastic fan from down south anyway - no animosity to them, but it's good to have a laugh at those struggling in the Premier - we have done that & got the T shirts

If you want a laugh, if they show the sending off in the highlights, watch that Saiz (?) he does some weird freaky dance, it's bizzare :)

It's almost like he's celebrating the decision :icon_lol:

My favourite part of the night was Costa running rings on the wing and putting another opposition player on their arse.

My favourite part was Jota winning the ball back tenaciously just before he was chopped down for the red card - this lot are no pussies

Wet/cold night wherever in Jan is really not going to faze them

Brilliant win.

This is going to sound churlish having just scored four... but do we create as many chances as we should?

For all our play, we don't actually work attempts on goal as often as perhaps we might. It probably won't matter, but I wonder if there is an additional clinical edge still to be found?

That was quite enjoyable really.

This season is lovely.

Happy times.

Only we can stop ourselves going up this season. No standout team, eh Warnock?

Brilliant win.

This is going to sound churlish having just scored four... but do we create as many chances as we should?

For all our play, we don't actually work attempts on goal as often as perhaps we might. It probably won't matter, but I wonder if there is an additional clinical edge still to be found?

There is still more to come - we are only 40% into the season

Brilliant win.

12 shots with 7 on target and 4 goals.

That's plenty creative, IMO.

Yeah I know - but I don't give that lot a second thought. Just delighted with how we're doing. $#@! everyone else! I know I'm in a minority with regards to the local rivalry.
Where I am there are lots of Albion fans but like you I dont care about them, but they certainly like to rub my face in it. They are a little quieter after I bet 2 of em in the pub £20 each that West Brom wouldn't finish in the top 6 at the start of the season.

Anyway superb game could have been tricky but we pissed em really. Costa looks back to normal. Still prefer Mirander to Bennett but he did ok.
Thoroughly convincing victory .

But can they do it on a cold night in Wolverhampton?

I love you Nuno. Not as much as I love Barry Douglas though.

What a team, what a manager/head coach and a great result. It really is a great time to be a Wolves fan after the last 2 years especially.

I was registered under a different username (pretty much since the start of this forum) but I could not seem to get in and my attempts to recover password were not successful. I think I was registered as vapd but I have not posted for two years or more. Anyway, makes no difference, I wasn't banned or anything.

I'm seriously going to try and make it up for a home game next year and would love to meet some of you folks for a beer before/after the game. I'm much more of a lurker than a poster but from the regulars posting you seem an interesting bunch and I'd like it if that could happen.

Such a shame I was not confident at the start of the season, if I am I always stick a bet on but I didn't this year (or for a few years). Still a long way to go but all the signs are good. Can't quite believe what Nuno has managed to do to the team, so many new faces, a new system and old players he has turned into, well, I'm not sure how he and his staff have done it but they have. Turned some pretty average EFL players into some pretty classy acts.

Trying to not get carried away but it is really hard!

From the BBC live text:

Noel Whelan
Ex-Leeds United striker

"You've got to say this Wolves side has got it all.

"They're organised, creative and all the players know what they're doing."

"Wolves are going to win this league. From what I have seen they are by far the best team in this division. They have spent big on excellent players.

"That's the difference, they have excellent players and we have very good ones.

They are a little quieter after I bet 2 of em in the pub £20 each that West Brom wouldn't finish in the top 6 at the start of the season.
Have they paid out already yet?

Tonight was too easy again at 2-0 and we switched off for a little but we were never in any trouble at all. The red card was coming as Leeds had to keep fouling us particularly Jota and then we killed the game off with ease.

Still can't believe i'm watching Wolves sometimes but we are playing some football that should not be allowed to be played in this league and i never think we're going to get beat. We will lose more games this season but i never go in to a game thinking we might lose this one or think we will lose it while we're playing. Nuno is leading us back to the Premier League.

Everyone of them played well tonight but Cav and Saiss stood out. Costa is definitely back and Barry Douglas' set pieces are top notch.

Back