• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Dirty Leeds Done Dirt Cheap: Wolves 4 Leeds 1 - The Verdict

Great find, decent highlights package that
And with their own live commentary on it rather than our after-the-event fake stuff that we have on our highlights packages.

And with their own live commentary on it rather than our after-the-event fake stuff that we have on our highlights packages.

I'd rather have the after the event fake stuff. Only got 4 minutes in and they've got so much wrong already, Diego Jota, playing 3-5-2, Saiss is French etc and then the usual bollocks about our huge expenditure. Shame professionals can't take pride in their work and get simple things right.

I'd rather have the after the event fake stuff. Only got 4 minutes in and they've got so much wrong already, Diego Jota, playing 3-5-2, Saiss is French etc and then the usual bollocks about our huge expenditure. Shame professionals can't take pride in their work and get simple things right.

I wasn't too arsed about that, they're Leeds so will be leeds focused. To them were one of 23 other clubs - they won't put huge amounts of research in. They were quite complimentary though and fair in their commentary

Just remembered how animated Nuno was last night when "asked for a wave" by the South Bank. No slow raise of the hand anymore, it was a frantic two handed affair.

Tbf I think that was because it was getting in his way when telling price and alf what to do.

Tbf I think that was because it was getting in his way when telling price and alf what to do.

Definitely wasn't. He waved and then lifted his hands a few times asking for the atmosphere to up a notch again.

Definitely wasn't. He waved and then lifted his hands a few times asking for the atmosphere to up a notch again.

That was later, he waved two handed when getting the subs on. Then was driving the crowd on later when it went a bit flat.

Great find, decent highlights package that

The only weird thing about it is the replay in the middle of the penalty incident. Why interrupt that whole flurry of activity that all flowed together to show the double save replay?! Very odd if you ask me...

Romain was born in France, to be fair. Although his Morocco caps should be common knowledge by now...

Cheers for the ticket Darlo!
Another brilliant performance. Jota was on fire, Cav was brilliant some of the link up play between those two was stunning.

Douglas was brilliant - it's as if he's saying to Vinagre "wait your turn sunshine, this spot is mine ”.

Saiss was superb - his first touch is absolutely class. I think teams focus on closing down Neves which is just allowing Saiss to run things from the middle of the park.

All 3 centre backs played well, Bennet possibly being the weakest with a few aimless hoofs and clumsy fouls/tug backs.

Ruddy was assured and claimed a few crosses well. So much better to have him in nets instead of biscuit wrists Lonners, who was just typically Lonners yesterday.

Bonatini put in his trademark tireless performance, creating space and pulling defenders around.

Only player not to bring it was good old Matt. Delivery and distribution was largely poor and the best he did was win a few corners. Minor quibbling though.

We've got this league won already in my opinion.

Oh, and I hope you enjoyed your Abbots Frank. Unfortunately they didn't have any on tap in Boho so I had to settle for Beavertown Gamma Ray and Tiny Rebel Stay Puft :)

I will getting my reward at the weekend, and to be fair to my Leeds supporting friend, he was full of praise for Wolves. He will still have to buy me an Abbots though...

skip to 1:58 for that Costa skill. Magic.

Hmmm. Looks like Wolves have taken it down for some reason.

Youtube have probably asked them to censor that Costa bit.

We seem to get better every time I watch the highlights... At this rate we'll be champions by Saturday!

Loved Biscuit Wrists face after the Douglas free kick :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

I can't believe he was playing for us last season. The state of him for the penalty - he spills the cross in the first place, brings a player down and then should have saved the penalty if he had actual wrists that worked.

Leeds fans were actually quite pleased when he came back. I think they're swiftly reassessing that position. I couldn't believe he got another Championship club even initially as back up, I really thought he'd end up in L2 at absolute best.

Wiedwald should just retire now, if you're down as worse than Lonners then there is no hope.

Back