• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Dirty Leeds Done Dirt Cheap: Wolves 4 Leeds 1 - The Verdict

Ryan Bennett
Another no-nonsense display from the composed centre half who, shock horror, was actually on the pitch when Wolves conceded a goal. Shown good consistency during his past four performances. 7/10

Willy Boly
Tried to overplay at times in the first half – it's as if the whole Championship thing is just too easy for Boly. Defensively he was sound. 7/10

Ryan Bennett
Another no-nonsense display from the composed centre half who, shock horror, was actually on the pitch when Wolves conceded a goal. Shown good consistency during his past four performances. 7/10

We conceded with him on the pitch vs Hull...

Bennett has done well but he is definitely not "composed" unless you're a big fan of his Stearman tribute drag back that he pulls out when no-one is within 10 yards of him.

Ryan Bennett

Willy Boly
Tried to overplay at times in the first half – it's as if the whole Championship thing is just too easy for Boly. Defensively he was sound. 7/10

I didn't see it like that but Tim will be Tim.

Ryan Bennett

Willy Boly

Bennett's score is about right, but I would give Boly a 9/10.

Agree. What is he taking 3 points off Boly for?

My guess would be because in the 1st half he was strolling around players with the ball and trying to pick passes (a couple missed their target) instead of hoofing it clear to no one.

Not being Dave Edwards,or another one of his "mates"?

Not wanting to knock Bennett too much as I thought he did "ok" but Boly was awesome, its a 9/10 easily. Leeds tried to press him and he made mincemeat out of them it was great. He sets the tone for how we want to play where as Bennett under pressure just hoofs it.

Alioski was losing his rag- he was lucky the match ended before he ended up lamping someone.

You need better discipline than that to make it in this team.

I caught a bit of the game yesterday and saw Bennett hoof it a couple of times when he didn’t need to.

Lonners dives like a spanner (don't go with two hands for a start for that kind of save) but fair to say he'd have done well to get near Baz's free kick:

image.jpg
He moved too slowly as he was expecting the ball into the centre as per the Fulham goal from the same position

Had a look on the Leeds fans forum they are actually quite complimentary shock horror, not so many excuses.

can someone have a word with Tim about his ratings for Bennett & Boly please its making my eyes hurt.

Most championship forums seem to have a grudging admiration for Wolves. Mind you Cardiff City fans don't particularly like Wolves...

After watching the highlights again can I just draw attention to Jota’s sexy bit of skill before Cav’s goal and Saiss’ lovely pass to Bonatini for the penalty.

God I love this team, I wish I was a local!

Jota's touch in the build-up to Cav's goal is outrageous.

Would agree Bennett a 7 (no way was he a 6, but he did have a few moments last night and a few hoofs which is a shame as he wasn't really doing either) and Boly I would say 8, not 9. I thought he was a bit sloppy too at first! Then got into the swing of things.

I'd missed Jota's touch in the build up. Pure filth.

The pass from Saïss to Léo is just exquisite. That makes the goal, the weight of it leaves Lonergan in no mans land.

Best thing about those highlights on the Leeds site is that you see how ecstatic Leo is when Helder scores - real team spirit

Back