• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Dirty Leeds Done Dirt Cheap: Wolves 4 Leeds 1 - The Verdict

How fookin good is Willy Boly! I bloody love him.

I wouldn't say it was easy at all, but we do look fucking good. The red card gave them no way back. Up until that point there was always a chance for them and you could see Nuno was getting Costa ready earlier to try and swing the game back in our favour. Hard to be negative about any of that, but if one thing there was a few sloppy passes at the end of the first half and Bennett was just whacking it up the field a little too much. Otherwise what an outstanding well earned victory. A pleasure to watch. Would also say Cav or Saiss stood out for me, but it's really a great team performance - everyone played their part.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Everyone of them played well tonight but Cav and Saiss stood out. Costa is definitely back and Barry Douglas' set pieces are top notch.

I know it has taken him a little longer than people would have liked but I was shocked when I saw some comments (not on here I don't think) wondering if he could be the same player again. It was always a case of when not if in my opinion. The beauty of it is there is absolutely no rush and when it comes to the end of the season he could be the freshest player which will be brilliant for us.

I know it has taken him a little longer than people would have liked but I was shocked when I saw some comments (not on here I don't think) wondering if he could be the same player again. It was always a case of when not if in my opinion. The beauty of it is there is absolutely no rush and when it comes to the end of the season he could be the freshest player which will be brilliant for us.

Like Nuno said after the game tonight he had no pre season on the back of a pretty bad injury so they have taken their time with him and are still doing so. He won't be back to 100% until January imo but he's definitely back to being fit and confident enough to make an impact. Biggest thing for me is he now looks comfortable to take players on.

What a fabulous performance. Played some scintillating stuff and possibly Cavs best performance, for me. He was simply ridiculous at times. Boly was a mountain. He gets better and better. Bennett is the 'weak link' at the back, kicked and headed it well enough but propensity to launch it aimlessly a few times and gave away a silly free kick in the first half after having a couple of nibbles at their forward, cut it out in the second. Bonatini worked like a dog, but hes so smart, he instinctively knows where pockets of space will appear for others based on his movement. Jota wasnt marauding but did well enough and a sumptious finish. On Helder I'm also not sure whether this is his first 'big' injury so it stood to reason it'd also take him time to trust his ankle IMO. Likewise against Villa he got booted in the face which would knock the stuffing out of loads of players. That moment on the touchline was sensational, delighted he got his goal.

Think Leeds caught us cold in the second but even before the sending off I didn't feel as threatened as against PNE for instance, their midfield were off the boil or poor because many stray passes out, they masterminded their downfall with sloppy play curtailing their momentum and then the sending off.

Moment of the night for me us the bloke behind saying "we haven't seen passing like this since the days of....." I was expecting Hibbert, Waggy, Knowles....

....Simon Osborne .

No, me neither.

I was probably pretty harsh on him because his cameos until this week had been worse than bad. Dunno what the deal was but he seems to be totally past it now, which of course is great for the team.

Leeds boss Thomas Christiansen:

"We have faced the best team in the league tonight. Their pace and movement is exceptional.

"But look at the players they have. Jota, Costa, Cavaleiro, Bonatini. Who wouldn't want one of them in their team?

"But we matched them at times and were in it until the sending off. We have to learn from that and accept it. The referee was right."

So good to hear the opposition making these comments about the Wolves.

That's a great result today and what a performance. The build up play to our second and third was sublime and so pleased for Costa to get off the mark. Missed the bit of skill on the right touch line that everyone's been talking about so I'm looking forward to seeing that!

Lovely to hear that praise from Christiansen and no moaning about the referee. Best team in the league and it it's true.

I'm not sure if I'm okay with you objectifying Helder tonight.

He is fucking sexy though.

team dominated in the first.

had to actually put some effort and fight for it in the 2nd. this was not a hindrance.

brilliant display by all in the squad, costa was a sensational sub, the goal conceded was unfortunate but superb (whatya gonna do)

I give todays wolves... 12/10

Just seen the highlights. Lonners has wrists made of paper. Got his hands to two of our goals (Cav and Costa) but failed to stop either.

Costa's touch in the buildup to the penalty is so classy that I nearly wet myself when I saw it.

Cheers for the ticket Darlo!
Another brilliant performance. Jota was on fire, Cav was brilliant some of the link up play between those two was stunning.

Douglas was brilliant - it's as if he's saying to Vinagre "wait your turn sunshine, this spot is mine ”.

Saiss was superb - his first touch is absolutely class. I think teams focus on closing down Neves which is just allowing Saiss to run things from the middle of the park.

All 3 centre backs played well, Bennet possibly being the weakest with a few aimless hoofs and clumsy fouls/tug backs.

Ruddy was assured and claimed a few crosses well. So much better to have him in nets instead of biscuit wrists Lonners, who was just typically Lonners yesterday.

Bonatini put in his trademark tireless performance, creating space and pulling defenders around.

Only player not to bring it was good old Matt. Delivery and distribution was largely poor and the best he did was win a few corners. Minor quibbling though.

We've got this league won already in my opinion.

Oh, and I hope you enjoyed your Abbots Frank. Unfortunately they didn't have any on tap in Boho so I had to settle for Beavertown Gamma Ray and Tiny Rebel Stay Puft :)

Looking forward to the office this morning and chatting* to a few Leeds fans about last night.

*gloating and confirming to them that having "millions"of away fans doesn't equate to points

great performance but my only gripe is with Doherty - he can't seem to be able to put a decent cross in, even when under no pressure. lets hope Phil is up and running soon.

It's obvious why Doherty was poor...the gloves were back

Douglas on the whole played well and obviously scored a screamer, but if and when we are in closer games he can't lose his man like that it was sloppy and for 15 minutes let them back in the game.

Jota's goal reminds me of a young Michael Owen when he was breaking through at Liverpool. Such a cool finish.

Doherty wasn't poor! He spannered one cross into the South Bank but that was about it really

Back