• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-0 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

Bit surprised that Hwang is getting lots of credit on here. He was ok but didn't do anything special, his first touch of the game was horrific as well.

Made the odd nice run and pressed ok. Think his deflected cross is making his appearance look better than it was.

Bit surprised that Hwang is getting lots of credit on here. He was ok but didn't do anything special, his first touch of the game was horrific as well.

Made the odd nice run and pressed ok. Think his deflected cross is making his appearance look better than it was.
The press completely tailed of when Hwang came off, it took us a hell of a lot of time and good defending in areas till we got a foot hold again. He was part of that key that dominated Liverpool for 45 minutes.

Can’t disagree, there’s a long way to go before he wins over the fans, but there are recent signs of improvement

Until his injury, he did some good stuff today, and can only remember one poor touch which was as a result of a crap pass by Neves

Certainly worthy of a 7 out of 10 today, and he’ll improve under JL

Mentioned by others in recent weeks but, good grief, what is going on with Adama’s leaping?! It’s like he’s got his own personal mini trampoline out on that pitch. Robertson was about a yard below him in aerial contests so just resorted to shoving him in the back (not spotting this one of the few poor points of a good refereeing display). One series of headers got me out of my seat - though I noticed I was the only one. I’m getting a bit obsessed with it.

He looks like he resembles a footballer at least which he didn’t previously.

I thought he was playing well before his injury, but a Hwang playing well isn’t neccessairily the same bar as you’d have for others.

The press completely tailed of when Hwang came off, it took us a hell of a lot of time and good defending in areas till we got a foot hold again. He was part of that key that dominated Liverpool for 45 minutes.
Hmm, not sure that was down to Hwang going off tbh. Think it was more of a tactical choice to conserve some energy.

Not calling Hwang out for his contribution just shocked people have singled him out as playing well when Lemina, Dawson, RAN, Neves, Nunes and Semedo all had far better games.

Good chance we'll be on first on MOTD for a change too.

If Hwang can’t get through today of all days without a bad word said then he is truly lost to us.

Hwang’s dip of the shoulder is what puts off Matip enough to keep him in an awkward position to defend the cross.

He’s also quite good at disguising his body shape, as he did when played through one of Sarabia or Cunha (forget which) early on, just outside their penalty box.

Good chance we'll be on first on MOTD for a change too.
Nah I doubt it. If this were a result in isolation maybe but Liverpool are on a bad run - it's not nearly as big a shock as Everton beating Arsenal. Quite a few goals elsewhere too.

Probably 2nd-3rd at a guess.

Could only listen today on the diabolical Talksport 2 and the emotion from the stands more than compensated for the utterly inept commentary.

Pre-kick off was still very nervous about relegation after the earlier Everton win despite JL and the positive vibes. Wow, what an uplift, really felt the buzz this afternoon. Up again on the 18th v Bournemouth for the first time since Southampton. Atmosphere sounded great again today guys, can’t wait.

The Smiths, Mac, Elvis then Led Zep. Soundtrack of a 56 year old Spaniard. If we get Depeche Mode too next time then I’m saying JLs control has definitely extended to the music.
And all the better for it.

Make no mistake, that was a thumping.

They had about 15 minutes at the start of the second half where we simply couldn't keep possession and Adama was doing no tracking back at all, so we kept getting overloaded down that side. They still didn't create much in that period. Then Joao came on and sorted it all out. Otherwise, far and away the better team, we should have had 5 today, not 3. Outworked, outfought, outpassed and outplayed them.

I'd been impressed by much of Lopetegui's work anyway but that was a real marker. We should not be anywhere near this end of the table, thanks very much Lage for leaving us there but I don't anticipate it lasting much longer.

Superb debut from Dawson, Lemina man of the match and looked a Champions League midfielder, the whole team knocking the ball around at the end like we were beating Port Vale in League One.

We're Wolverhampton, we're on our way back.

Whether or not Liverpool are a bit poor at the minute there’s still plenty in that first eleven to put us right to the sword. It’s a real statement win for Julen, and despite what Klopp said post-match we didn’t ride our luck either.

I loved JL’s comments post-match about how he might change things up next match, each player has a part to play and has to be ready. That’s what creates a competitive, together squad.

Back