• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-0 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

He looked like he may have lost a bit of muscle to me. Was my immediate reaction of seing him come on anyway.

Craig Dawson close to MotM for the shithouse booking he got on the hallway line.

Magnificent stop.

Whoever swapped Adamas's I'm loving your work.

Lemina and Neves were Neves and Moutinho under Nuno good today.

Last edited:
He hasn't, he played well today
Can't get more recent than that.

I was surprised to see him, rather than Podence, replace Hwang. JL clearly still sees something in him. Perhaps he'll be the one to finally bring it out.

No goal music - would that be JL's decision too, I wonder.

And is that Neves's first goal from open play from inside the area?

I was surprised to see him, rather than Podence, replace Hwang. JL clearly still sees something in him. Perhaps he'll be the one to finally bring it out.

The chip of all chips last season was inside I think.

Good players with a good manager tends to be a good combination. Sariba and Cunha pulled Liverpool all over the place. One moment in the first half both came really deep and set up an attack despite leaving nobody up front. More a false 6 than a false 9.

Neves box to box? I assumed that would be Lemina's role but instead it was Lemina who slotted into the role Neves has been playing and was an absolute brick wall in front of and alongside the centre halves.

Dawson is a very good Premier League defender and also organised the defense really well. And he may never score a sweeter goal.

Every substitute had a positive impact on the game, we probably should have scored a couple more.

Also, a special mention for Sa - after his last performance he needed a good one today and he did that and some more. A couple a decent saves, claiming balls coming into the box and generally looking like the goalkeeper he should be.

On to Match of the Day to hear how bad Liverpool were with barely a mention of Wolves.
Brilliant post

The goal music came from responses to a Tweet from Judah. Neves scored a header v Newcastle in Nuno's final season

I'm still thinking it's his first with his left foot

Craig Dawson close to MotM for the shithouse booking he got on the hallway line.

Magnificent stop.
Reminded me a bit of Gary Breen's blatant and deliberate red card away at Norwich.

What Smiths song did they play pre-match?

Adama won 3-4 headers within a few minutes of each other too. Really put in a shift, doing simple things very well. Honestly wasn’t happy to see him replacing Hwang but he shut me up quickly
I think JL is getting a tune out of Adama and Hwang, who were persona non grata only a few weeks ago

Early days but HHC is a different player, not totally reaching the standards we expect, but certainly not the basket case of a footballer we have seen before, and certainly Adama has shown some signs of improvement. We will need both to continue to improve to support the team for the upcoming games

Lemina is absolutely the man we have been missing to take the pressure off Neves, he was sublime today and created a ‘covering five at the back’ when we were under pressure that allowed Ruben to be more expressive, as well as being a wall in midfield when we were pushing forward, absolutely a 10 out of 10 performance

Same again please next week

Back