• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Fulham 0 the 'Simples really' verdict thread

I was looking at the Fulham forum and they mentioned how much some of their players cost and I was absolutely shocked

Fonte was £9m? Holy shit, he wasn’t fit to lace Leo’s boots...

Comic sans.

Cardiff lose at Brizzle. How upsetting for that nice Mr. Warnock. Now just need Hull to do the biz...

You can only play what's in front of you, but I thought Fulham were poor.

For them, McDonald played his heart out but he didn't get enough support. I was impressed with Fredericks at RWB, maybe a cheeky bid in January is in order.

For us, I thought Douglas made a few mistakes, but his dead ball crossing was superb. Bennett did OK but he wanted to get rid of the ball as soon as he could. Cav worked his socks off although everything he did wasn't always the right decision.

Overall, we were obviously the better team and should have won by more, but onwards and upwards. WE'RE TOP OF THE TABLE.

I too thought their right back played well - certainly an upgrade on Doc.....for now.

Very pleasing result.

We just play with so much assurance and I love how before a ball arrives to a player most of our XI know exactly where it's going next. Likewise on the odd occasion Fulham got close Neves has the close control to skip away and pass.

I think some fans around me failed to realise that allowing Fulham to make pretty passes 40 yards from goal is game management and giving our opponents the illusion they're in control. They were getting very antsy when Fulham had the ball. Likewise a few times Boly checked back with the ball or played sideways and drew 'crab' comments... are they too thick to realise if he doesn't have a pass on forwards there's no point conceding possession? Finally I think Bright drew sarcastic cheers (not loud) when he made a first time pass. A real pity if so.

Like others though, very minor complaints.

Finally I think Bright drew sarcastic cheers (not loud) when he made a first time pass. A real pity if so.
That certainly happened in the North Bank upper.

The stick he catches is absolutely disgusting at times.

#protectBright

Very pleasing result.

We just play with so much assurance and I love how before a ball arrives to a player most of our XI know exactly where it's going next. Likewise on the odd occasion Fulham got close Neves has the close control to skip away and pass.

I think some fans around me failed to realise that allowing Fulham to make pretty passes 40 yards from goal is game management and giving our opponents the illusion they're in control. They were getting very antsy when Fulham had the ball. Likewise a few times Boly checked back with the ball or played sideways and drew 'crab' comments... are they too thick to realise if he doesn't have a pass on forwards there's no point conceding possession? Finally I think Bright drew sarcastic cheers (not loud) when he made a first time pass. A real pity if so.

Like others though, very minor complaints.

Ohh tell me about it. So many fans who still can't deal with us passing it around or not fucking them off and getting in to them and sitting in a shape to pick them off and break. Luckily i have a few fans around me that understand this so it's not as bad as it could be.

Bright did get sarcastic cheers for his pass too because the time he had the ball before he held on to it too long, yes those fans are pricks.

People got on his back 2 seconds after he had the ball for the first time which was ridiculous. He then held it way too long the next time he got it and eventually lost it to a lot of groans. Guy doesn’t help himself though.

People got on his back 2 seconds after he had the ball for the first time which was ridiculous. He then held it way too long the next time he got it and eventually lost it to a lot of groans. Guy doesn’t help himself though.

He's a kid learning in the first team pretty much because like what has been said he hasn't had the upbringing the rest of the team have. Not about helping himself, about our fans getting behind him and supporting him while he's playing for Wolves. Criticise away on here etc as long as those that do take into account everything but not at the game, prick move whether Bright should release the ball sooner or not.

Yeah it is a prick move. However the defence that 'he's not had the upbringing' is bullshit. All he's got to do is pass the ball back where it came from or pop it off to another defender. We used to do that in my Sunday league team, shouldn't be too hard for a professional playing on a bowling green with other professionals all offering proper angles. I'd say it's more him playing for 'Bright FC' more than anything else.

With respect Punts, it's a bit different playing for a Sunday team than it is playing professionally. Speed of thought is massive and Bright is clearly trying to get the ball forward and start attacks. One of English football's biggest issues is those that do not take risks are often played which leads to tepid football by numbers with all the creativity of Tony Pulis.

I do not think for one minute that he's playing for himself.

Yeah it is a prick move. However the defence that 'he's not had the upbringing' is bullshit. All he's got to do is pass the ball back where it came from or pop it off to another defender. We used to do that in my Sunday league team, shouldn't be too hard for a professional playing on a bowling green with other professionals all offering proper angles. I'd say it's more him playing for 'Bright FC' more than anything else.

It's not bullshit at all, it's what happens. In this instance by upbringing i meant coaching wise. He's a kid who is still learning about the game and his game is about having the ball and beating players with it, he is still very naive with that and often holds on to it too long. Cav is still guilty of that sometimes and he's played how many more games and had how much better coaching than Bright has?

If he's still doing it as much in a year/yer and a half then fair enough we can say he should not be doing that now but not right now. Amazing how fans think because players are professional that they shouldn't do things wrong and aren't naive etc and don't do things like less talented footballers just because they are pros. He's a pro because he's an extremely talented footballer with a less than average football brain that is now being helped by Nuno and his staff which means he's got a chance of reaching his potential.

It's not bullshit at all, it's what happens. In this instance by upbringing i meant coaching wise. He's a kid who is still learning about the game and his game is about having the ball and beating players with it, he is still very naive with that and often holds on to it too long. Cav is still guilty of that sometimes and he's played how many more games and had how much better coaching than Bright has?

If he's still doing it as much in a year/yer and a half then fair enough we can say he should not be doing that now but not right now. Amazing how fans think because players are professional that they shouldn't do things wrong and aren't naive etc and don't do things like less talented footballers just because they are pros. He's a pro because he's an extremely talented footballer with a less than average football brain that is now being helped by Nuno and his staff which means he's got a chance of reaching his potential.

Cav was guilty of it at first because he thought he was Ronaldo and likes to showboat, not because his Brain tells him to do tricks. Someone had a word and told him "how are out strikers going to score when they don't known when you are going to deliver the ball", and now he whips them in.

I haven't said "he's pro so shouldn't do things wrong". A player with a modicum of ability and/or intelligence should be able to release the ball one/two touch like the rest of the team. You'd get your mates of varying abilities doing it down your local Goals.

He is an oxymoron. Bright, in the nicest possible way, isn't!

Its not his fault. He is young but not the sharpest tool in the block. So when it comes to a footballing brain it does not surprise me he gets it wrong sometimes. 19 years old. Worth persevering with

Cav was guilty of it at first because he thought he was Ronaldo and likes to showboat, not because his Brain tells him to do tricks. Someone had a word and told him "how are out strikers going to score when they don't known when you are going to deliver the ball", and now he whips them in.

I haven't said "he's pro so shouldn't do things wrong". A player with a modicum of ability and/or intelligence should be able to release the ball one/two touch like the rest of the team. You'd get your mates of varying abilities doing it down your local Goals.

He now whips them in far too early though sometimes so it works both ways but it's taken Cav until now to get to this point where he can do both and he still makes bad decisions so Bright is going to make more now because he has a lot to learn.

He can release it one/two touch he did every time after he lost it yesterday and his work on the ball at City was outstanding. When he came on against Barnsley he was class. It's not like he isn't learning, he is but fans have to be patient and understand. I know this isn't going to happen but i'm going to continue to bang the drum about it. He's probably not the best player to bring on in a dead game like yesterday either because we killed the game off.

He now whips them in far too early though sometimes so it works both ways but it's taken Cav until now to get to this point where he can do both and he still makes bad decisions so Bright is going to make more now because he has a lot to learn.

He can release it one/two touch he did every time after he lost it yesterday and his work on the ball at City was outstanding. When he came on against Barnsley he was class. It's not like he isn't learning, he is but fans have to be patient and understand. I know this isn't going to happen but i'm going to continue to bang the drum about it. He's probably not the best player to bring on in a dead game like yesterday either because we killed the game off.

Yeah bad decisions with a delivery, even the worlds best get that wrong. Bit different to 'to take on the whole team....or just pass'.

He was great against City and he can pass the ball one/two touch. This is my point, he can do it but he chooses not to. It's not because he had poor coaching aged 10-15. It's because he chooses not too. Whether that's over Confidence, desire to showboat, greed/selfishness or stupidity I don't know. Probably a combination.

Trying to assert that Bright cares more about himself than the team seems just a little insensitive to me. If Nuno had even a whiff of that I don't think he'd stand for it.

If anything, I think Bright is only guilty of trying too hard. There were a couple of times he was dispossessed on Friday that were because he had literally no outlet, but I bet his naysayers won't give him that benefit of the doubt.

As I said. One time the crowd got on his back within 2 seconds which was completely out of order. He then beat a couple of players out of a tight spot and rather than releasing it turned back into them and lost the ball. That got the biggest groan

Back