• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Fulham 0 the 'Simples really' verdict thread

Bright needs regular games to see if he can develop. I think a loan out would do him the world of good

Still not entirely sure whether the thought process is there though - can it be learnt

We will see - he is a talent though & needs to have encouragement at this time

His decision making? It can definitely be improved with better coaching. That's why we have seen a difference with him this season and will continue to as well.

Over the weekend I've watched bits of Brentford/Leeds and Middlesbro/Sunderland. Without getting carried away we are simply playing a different game to those teams. And sure, we will lose games but we are simply streets ahead of anything else I've seen this weekend

Hyperbole? Do you really think Bright is in the same class as Neves or Jota?

Well he’s not a denfensive midfielder and I said that Jota is probably just a better player. But light years behind? No he’s not so there’s your hyperbole. If Bright were knocking around non-league then maybe your description would work but the kid is a regular squad member in the team currently topping the Championship. So not light years.

Well he’s not a denfensive midfielder and I said that Jota is probably just a better player. But light years behind? No he’s not so there’s your hyperbole. If Bright were knocking around non-league then maybe your description would work but the kid is a regular squad member in the team currently topping the Championship. So not light years.
Johnny Evans was getting regular games at United in the Ferdinand/Vidic years, he was light years behind them. Just because they're in the same squad doesn't mean they're anywhere near on a par.

At the moment I see Bright as the Zele of his year group, both game through the youth teams with glowing reviews and looked to have plenty going for them in early appearances, time will tell if they end up down the same path. Bright's got a few more things going for him at this stage, lack of injuries through his development, better players around him, a clear system to fit into and what seems to be a far better coaching setup. So far I don't think he's made the most of the chance he's been given, Coady had a few teething troubles and the one silly moment at Sheff Utd but otherwise he seems to have taken it all on board. Bright however still seems completely unpredictable, a few moments where you thought he might be turning a corner like the Cup goal and most of that performance against City but he doesn't seem to really build on those moments going forward.

From the little I've seen I don't hold out much hope at this stage, I think he's likely to be one of those players that will never really be able to unlock their full potential and will continue to frustrate through their career.

Position has nothing to do with it when considering a player’s mental maturity and general stature within the game. But take Jota as the example if position makes all the difference, he’s scored 20 goals and bagged 15 assists for Porto in the two seasons previous to coming here and was a regular in the Champions League last season. Is Bright anywhere near that level? No, he’s absolutely miles away. Far from hyperbolic.

Position has nothing to do with it when considering a player’s mental maturity and general stature within the game. But take Jota as the example if position makes all the difference, he’s scored 20 goals and bagged 15 assists for Porto in the two seasons previous to coming here and was a regular in the Champions League last season. Is Bright anywhere near that level? No, he’s absolutely miles away. Far from hyperbolic.

I think it's a question of degree. I reckon Jota is streets ahead of Bright :)

hopefully Bright is doing as much as he can in and after training, like say Ronaldo used to, to make himself a better player.

I did take Jota as an example and I did suggest he was just a better player all round. Both have more experience than Enobakhare, the issue is whether he is “light years” behind which I see you have now downgraded to “miles away” so I guess we are getting closer.

Jota’s experience gained playing for Porto has helped almost certainly helped develop his game, experiences that Enobakhare doesn’t have. A truer comparison is likely to be next year when Enobakhare has had a full season of regular first team football - then he might only be metres away.

I did take Jota as an example and I did suggest he was just a better player all round. Both have more experience than Enobakhare, the issue is whether he is “light years” behind which I see you have now downgraded to “miles away” so I guess we are getting closer.

He is a better player all round, a much, much better player. And yes Bright is light years away, outing downgraded thank you very much, just a different turn of phrase which amounted to the same thing. Can’t be arsed to argue round in circles with you, it feel free to come back next year with an exact measurement.

I have a degree of confidence that Diogo Jota will one day make a significant impact on the Champions League. That is categorically never going to happen for Bright Enobakhare, we don't even know if he's going to be a reliable Championship player, ever.

Still though, some of our fans are fucking pricks regarding the latter and have been all season, it's my one singular gripe with the support at the moment (apart from the perpetual confusion around why thousands of people leave in the final 10 minutes).

Whatever you make think of as as player right now he is 19 and way, way to early to be written off.

For reference Donovan Wilson is 20 and there's no talk of him not making it

I don't really think it's fair to compare Bright to Jota or Neves, honestly.

Whatever you make think of as as player right now he is 19 and way, way to early to be written off.

For reference Donovan Wilson is 20 and there's no talk of him not making it
I think the lack of talk around Wilson tells you all you need to know about people's expectations for his future career.

Jota’s experience gained playing for Porto has helped almost certainly helped develop his game, experiences that Enobakhare doesn’t have. A truer comparison is likely to be next year when Enobakhare has had a full season of regular first team football - then he might only be metres away.

Miles away and metres away are the same thing.

He is a better player all round, a much, much better player. And yes Bright is light years away, outing downgraded thank you very much, just a different turn of phrase which amounted to the same thing. Can’t be arsed to argue round in circles with you, it feel free to come back next year with an exact measurement.

Yes. It's the same thing.

Bright has the ability and physique to be a fantastic player if he can improve his decision making. Hopefully experience will help with that.

This is the first whole game I've watched this season and can only concur with what everyone else is saying - simply the most accomplished Wolves side in my time as a supporter (I don't really remember watching the 70s side). It almost had the feel of a cup came between a side from the Prem and a Championship side. We were happy to let them play it around and look good but they never really threatened.

We won't look that good in every game and we'll lose a few more along the way, but very difficult to see how we don't get promoted especially if we strengthen further in the winter.

This is the first whole game I've watched this season and can only concur with what everyone else is saying - simply the most accomplished Wolves side in my time as a supporter (I don't really remember watching the 70s side). It almost had the feel of a cup came between a side from the Prem and a Championship side. We were happy to let them play it around and look good but they never really threatened.

We won't look that good in every game and we'll lose a few more along the way, but very difficult to see how we don't get promoted especially if we strengthen further in the winter.

Watch the whole of the Villa game if you want to see a complete performance. Have the tissues ready for Bonatini's goal though...

I have a degree of confidence that Diogo Jota will one day make a significant impact on the Champions League. That is categorically never going to happen for Bright Enobakhare, we don't even know if he's going to be a reliable Championship player, ever.

Still though, some of our fans are fucking pricks regarding the latter and have been all season, it's my one singular gripe with the support at the moment (apart from the perpetual confusion around why thousands of people leave in the final 10 minutes).

Good post, the only other thing that pisses me off about our fans is the South Bank singing about the North Bank, it sounds ridiculous, because it is ridiculous.

"we'll sing on our own..." etc, and the ironic cheers when another stand sings are juvenile.

I wonder if other clubs do this?

Back