• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Fulham 0 the 'Simples really' verdict thread

They took a break from telling us they had only spent a few £ on players then?

Haha aye. As far as I'm concerned, no club that spent actual money on Andy Boyle can criticise another teams transfer policy.

Did Fulham fans even sing? From my seat in the Steve Bull Upper, you barely knew they were even there. I do like how they've been shoved into the corner although it removes a bit of the banter.

Good post, the only other thing that pisses me off about our fans is the South Bank singing about the North Bank, it sounds ridiculous, because it is ridiculous.

"we'll sing on our own..." etc, and the ironic cheers when another stand sings are juvenile.

I wonder if other clubs do this?

Agree with this, its pathetic. If you wanna sing, sing, but not everyone wants to sing saft wanky Wanderers chants.

All our chants are particularly lame to be honest, not really an original one amongst them (the newer ones anyway). The Nuno taking us to the Premier gets my goat, doesn't really make sense and pretty much every team in the country sings a variation of it. Although I will say I'm a miserable git most of the time so might just be me?

I see a hell of a lot of people moaning about Wanky Wanderers online but it's bloody loud when it gets going. Half the Steve Bull Upper and the full left side of the North Bank were on their feet singing it against Villa.

Are you all just singing through your embarrassment with gritted teeth or sat down with your arms folded while everyone around you has a laugh? It's just a bit of fun ffs.

You Brits and your singing...

I see a hell of a lot of people moaning about Wanky Wanderers online but it's bloody loud when it gets going. Half the Steve Bull Upper and the full left side of the North Bank were on their feet singing it against Villa.

Are you all just singing through your embarrassment with gritted teeth or sat down with your arms folded while everyone around you has a laugh? It's just a bit of fun ffs.

Don't worry Lycan, we can sing on our own!

I'm watching the game.

I'm watching the game.

But you could watch the game whilst singing oh wanky wanky, wanky wanky wanky wanky wanderers :icon_lol:

I think id have to be completely rat arsed pissed off me head drunk to join in that one!

I could do a lot of things. I could spend half the game gesticulating to some uninterested away fans from 40 yards away. I could spend the opening 10 minutes, the 10 minutes before half time, the 10 minutes after half time and the final 10 minutes in the concourse. I could groan at Bright Enobakhare the instant he holds onto the ball for more than 0.2 seconds.

I don't do any of those things, it's not my place to judge those who do...

Being an old codger who sits in the Billy Quiet I am amused by the "wanky wanky wanderers" song. Its a piss take on all the times that the opposing fans always used to sing it" They dont sing it any more, because we do and that has stopped them. The last line of the Ivan Cavaleiro song should be changed from "never gives the ball way" to something better and it should only be sung when he is on the pitch.

Being an old codger who sits in the Billy Quiet I am amused by the "wanky wanky wanderers" song. Its a piss take on all the times that the opposing fans always used to sing it" They dont sing it any more, because we do and that has stopped them. The last line of the Ivan Cavaleiro song should be changed from "never gives the ball way" to something better and it should only be sung when he is on the pitch.

"Often gives the ball away"?

To be fair, it makes more sense if the opposition sing wanky wanderers first, but I’ve not heard them do it - I sing all the other songs but just stand/sit there grumpily when they do that one...

Wanky Wanderers is so toe-curlingly cringeworthy it is beyond description.

Like the bad joke your drunk mate tells you at the start of an evening and then repeats every ten minutes until you throw yourself out of a window.

Maybe it's because I'm just used to attending Pitt Penguin and Steeler games, where all the singing you will hear is The National Anthem or ' Lets Go Pens ' or D- fence D-fence, or ' here we go Steelers here we go ' and the only swear words you will hear are damn and darn it!

Maybe I've just forgotten how to let me hair down.

So let me understand this. Because we don't like opposition fans singing wanky, wanky wanderers, we sing it ourselves?

That makes no sense whatsoever. Do they really think the players understand, or just think the visiting fans are loud?

I know I'm an old dinosaur but we always sang supportive songs and rubbished the opposition when I went to matches, so if the visiting fans sang, we drowned them out with our supportive chants.

I like the wanky Wanderers chants, but only after the opposition have sung it to us and then we've taken the lead. It's a piss take of the opposition in that they've just called us wanky and now we are beating them.

The cavaliero song is as catchy as hell - I'm not surprised it gets sung loads

Back