• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Fulham 0 the 'Simples really' verdict thread

Good post, the only other thing that pisses me off about our fans is the South Bank singing about the North Bank, it sounds ridiculous, because it is ridiculous.

"we'll sing on our own..." etc, and the ironic cheers when another stand sings are juvenile.

I wonder if other clubs do this?

I never understand this. It's harmless banter and a lot of fans get riled up about it. Friday night for example was great when the Steve Bull started singing and then the Northbank joined in and the Southbank sang back at them. Don't see a problem with us Southbankers singing about singing on our own either because it's usually factually correct. Northbank have been much louder this season and if anything the Southbank would love it if the Northbank sang with us.

There was a point after the second goal against Villa when the whole ground sang "we're by far the greatest team" and it was a special atmosphere. Imagine the noise we could generate if more people sing, it would make for a top atmosphere.

Maybe some people don't want to...

I sit where I sit because it offers the best view of the game and I can assess it from the best vantage point, I don't want to sing about Ivan Cavaleiro 50 times in 90 minutes. If others do then fine.

Its a sign we've got a good team and nothing to moan about this forum is just a series of snipes and circular arguments.

There's plenty to moan about.

- The jason.forrest@wolves.co.uk and Steve Daley dream team is an absolute shambles that makes me pine for the days of Steve Welch and his fake accent

- That Cavaleiro song is shit

- The security checks (lol) in the North Bank serve no purpose other than to slow the queue down

- The clock on the Steve Bull stand shows the actual time of day rather than the matchday clock, which is ridiculous

- Doherty still thinks pube beards are acceptable

See, loads.

The clock on the SB is handy - when the clock on the screen stops at 90 you can use it to work out how long is actually left - useful for when we are hanging on for grim death a la Preston

The Cavaleiro song is fine.

The Wanky Wanderers song however is just embarrasing.

It doesn't stop at 90! This season it shows the actual time. Unless I'm imagining things. So on Friday it showed 21:35 or whatever when it was close to full time.

Not my picture but look:

58e33fb52ff8101e6b933ae96a3c019a.jpg

It doesn't stop at 90! This season it shows the actual time. Unless I'm imagining things. So on Friday it showed 21:35 or whatever when it was close to full time.

Yes - I mean the one on the video wall, it has the game time but stops at 45 & 90 and doesn't count the injury time down (up really i suppose).

Yes - I mean the one on the video wall, it has the game time but stops at 45 & 90 and doesn't count the injury time down (up really i suppose).

The video wall is too far away from me to see the clock on there. How good do you think my eyesight is :icon_lol: It's a big TV about 140 yards away!

I'm not sure what annoys me more about the Cavaleiro song.

1) We sing it when he isn't even on the pitch at times
2) We sing it when he's playing like shit
3) That "1-2-3-4" bit
4) He definitely does give the fucking ball away, a lot

The video wall is too far away from me to see the clock on there. How good do you think my eyesight is :icon_lol: It's a big TV about 140 yards away!

I'm not sure what annoys me more about the Cavaleiro song.

1) We sing it when he isn't even on the pitch at times
2) We sing it when he's playing like shit
3) That "1-2-3-4" bit
4) He definitely does give the fucking ball away, a lot

View from my seat (WL8) and I can read the time on it! You need glasses.

ec1whD2.png

edit - what was that post about circular argument ;)

You're way nearer than me, my friend.
e1f26f45c8736d762d6e68a591312d2c.jpg

Crikey, that's making me feel dizzy just looking at the photo

I like the Cavaleiro song!

The 'Wanky Wanderers' song doesn't bother me too much as it's just a pisstake of possibly the worst song other fans sing at us. It must have been made up by a 9 year old. It's up there with other fans calling us 'Dingles' which they think is so incredibly witty when it really really isn't. Nor is it original!

I get more wound up by our fans singing 'We hate Albion' TBH - we're not playing them, they're not a concern of ours whatsoever and frankly I don't give a shit about them. I loathe the atmosphere and the furore around the BCD so much that I hope they go down if we go up so we don't have to go through that nonsense fixture next season.

I'll give you that it's annoying that we sing it when he's not on the pitch. It's the group right near me (the guys with the flags in S2) that start it all the time. They 'created' it (read copied from other clubs) and only ever seem to sing their own songs. The dreadful 'singing songs on our own' chant that nobody joins in with is their favourite.

Wanky wanky wanderers pisses me off more than any of the others - why the fuck do you want to sing that about your own team? It sounds massively stupid...

Wanky wanky wanderers pisses me off more than any of the others - why the fuck do you want to sing that about your own team? It sounds massively stupid...

It's like Man United singing 'who the fuck are Man United?' or Leeds singing 'We're not famous any more'. There's nothing opposition fans can sing in response to it and it's a brilliant way to rub it in after we score if they've been singing it earlier in the game.

I loved it against Villa when they started singing it in the first half and then practically the whole stadium were on their feet singing it back after Jota smashed it in. It must've been horrible stood in that away end listening to that.

Plus it's bloody loud.

But Fulham didn't sing it once, nor did Preston. So it sounds weird.

That's what we do down the other end, we critique your efforts. I'd say 5/10 so far. With a pat on the head.

Preston definitely did. Twice I think.

Back