• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Fulham 0 the 'Simples really' verdict thread

Yeah bad decisions with a delivery, even the worlds best get that wrong. Bit different to 'to take on the whole team....or just pass'.

He was great against City and he can pass the ball one/two touch. This is my point, he can do it but he chooses not to. It's not because he had poor coaching aged 10-15. It's because he chooses not too. Whether that's over Confidence, desire to showboat, greed/selfishness or stupidity I don't know. Probably a combination.

Even the world's best hang on to the ball too long and lose it too. I don't believe he's selfish or greedy at all, he's just used to begin able to take everyone on with ease and doesn't quite know when to release it or look up for the pass. Much like bad decisions with a delivery it's all about the decisions, does he take the extra man on or does he pass it, Bright backs himself to take the man on rather than pass sometimes and it doesn't come off. Like i said he's learning on the job in a tough league with quality players around him, he's not always going to look as good as them. Nuno knows there's a player there though because he keeps playing him.

Even the world's best hang on to the ball too long and lose it too. I don't believe he's selfish or greedy at all, he's just used to begin able to take everyone on with ease and doesn't quite know when to release it or look up for the pass. Much like bad decisions with a delivery it's all about the decisions, does he take the extra man on or does he pass it, Bright backs himself to take the man on rather than pass sometimes and it doesn't come off. Like i said he's learning on the job in a tough league with quality players around him, he's not always going to look as good as them. Nuno knows there's a player there though because he keeps playing him.

I can’t argue with that. You’ve pretty much said what I’m saying.

There were groans when he held on to the ball for too long, there were shouts when he couldn't be arsed to chase after it/thought it was going out when it didn't on one occasion, which in this side really stands out. Personally I didn't do either and think the criticism is OTT due to his age and experience, however I do think he gets too much of a free pass by others because of this.

You'd get your mates of varying abilities doing it down your local Goals.

I think there is a slight difference between releasing the ball early in goals than there is in the Championship, sorry mate!!!

There were groans when he held on to the ball for too long, there were shouts when he couldn't be arsed to chase after it/thought it was going out when it didn't on one occasion, which in this side really stands out. Personally I didn't do either and think the criticism is OTT due to his age and experience, however I do think he gets too much of a free pass by others because of this.

I don't think he 'couldn't he arsed' I think he just assumed the ball was going out but then it didn't go as far as he had. Which was definitely naivety.

Quite a few (not you) on various platforms have made aim at his effort which I think couldn't be further from the truth. And as team ethic as a pre-requisite to play in this team under this manager, he wouldn't be getting anywhere near the side like he has done if he didn't try.

Fwiw I thought Bright did OK on Friday, came on to a game that was effectively very over and tried to get some attacks going. There was only once I felt he held on to the ball too long (the pass was out right to doc, which he did play but too late). certainly not a performance worthy of any criticism.

I don't think he 'couldn't he arsed' I think he just assumed the ball was going out but then it didn't go as far as he had. Which was definitely naivety.

and got him an earful from Nuno as well

Bright did piss me off when he tried to swivel on the ball in our half and got disposed..

Thought process - not sure whether it can be learned/taught or whether a player just has it.

Shows the difference between Bright & Neves - Bright does a ridiculous bit of skill, but does not know what he is going to do next, whereas Neves appears to know exactly what he is going to do, positions himself accordingly then moves to give an option for the next phase.

Difference between an exciting, but flawed chess player & a Grandmaster - not that much age difference either.

Something which again impressed me again on Friday night was some of the one touch passing between them which left the Fulham players chasing shadows. Very controlled and measured football

He's a kid learning in the first team pretty much because like what has been said he hasn't had the upbringing the rest of the team have. Not about helping himself, about our fans getting behind him and supporting him while he's playing for Wolves. Criticise away on here etc as long as those that do take into account everything but not at the game, prick move whether Bright should release the ball sooner or not.

totally agree. I'd also add it's great he's got the confidence to hold onto the ball even if it's frustrating at times. he's got to learn how to use it better but he'll have a better chance that way than getting rid of as soon as he can. I still think of him as a potential diamond.

Its a bit more difficult coming on as an attacking player when the team is basically playing out a comfortable victory. Nuno will persevere with him in this division to see if he can get the talent thats there out.
Fans can moan if they want, it won't help him but they don't want him in the team so they don't care. He is very well paid and criticism is par for the course as well as adulation. I'm sure he will make a good career he's better than VLP and that little cunt scored a worldy in the prem yesterday.

Thought process - not sure whether it can be learned/taught or whether a player just has it.

Shows the difference between Bright & Neves - Bright does a ridiculous bit of skill, but does not know what he is going to do next, whereas Neves appears to know exactly what he is going to do, positions himself accordingly then moves to give an option for the next phase.

Difference between an exciting, but flawed chess player & a Grandmaster - not that much age difference either.

Neves played nearly 60 games for Porto. Enobakahare has played half that amount for Wolves. Neves was playing regularly for Porto’s first team in 2014/15, this is the first season Enobakhare has been a regular member of the first team squad.

Neves played nearly 60 games for Porto. Enobakahare has played half that amount for Wolves. Neves was playing regularly for Porto’s first team in 2014/15, this is the first season Enobakhare has been a regular member of the first team squad.

Still not entirely sure whether the thought process is there though - can it be learnt

We will see - he is a talent though & needs to have encouragement at this time

Which highlights PLF's point succinctly. Bright could well come good but he's light years behind a player like Neves or Jota despite being only a year younger.

Still not entirely sure whether the thought process is there though - can it be learnt

We will see - he is a talent though & needs to have encouragement at this time

We have a new system with players excelling in positions that are not their usual positions so if Coady, Batth, Doherty etc can be taught how to play, what they need to do and when...then yes, Bright can be taught too.

Which highlights PLF's point succinctly. Bright could well come good but he's light years behind a player like Neves or Jota despite being only a year younger.

Hyperbole. He is not light years behind Neves or Jota. He is nothing like Neves in any case so it is a poor comparison but he is on par with where Cavaleiro was when he first turned up at Wolves. Jota is probably just a better player all round.

Hyperbole. He is not light years behind Neves or Jota. He is nothing like Neves in any case so it is a poor comparison but he is on par with where Cavaleiro was when he first turned up at Wolves. Jota is probably just a better player all round.

Hyperbole? Do you really think Bright is in the same class as Neves or Jota?

Hyperbole? Do you really think Bright is in the same class as Neves or Jota?

Bright isn't at the same level - does some ridiculous bits of skill, but they are random and not necessarily joined up

Neves (particularly) & Jota do this as a matter of course

Back