• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Fulham 0 the 'Simples really' verdict thread

Coady is probably Nuno's greatest achievement. Even Doherty looks alright at the moment.

Tough to say what Nuno's biggest achievement is - Coady is a player we'd have cheerfully sold for £1m. Now he's worth 7 or 8 times that. What has really impressed me is that every single signing has been a success. Clearly Neves and Jota should be a success at this level, but even SAF used to think he was doing well if he scored 50% with his signings. Veron, Djemba-Djemba... So far,we haven't made a mistake. AND we've massively improved players like Coady, Batth and Doherty

It’s coady for me too, a nothing player last season - poor at tackling, passing and running with the ball. Did all three well yesterday, some great covering, some glorious passing and even a decent run forward. Plus a brilliant captain.

We were crying out not just for a new gaffer but a complete new backroom staff, and these are the rewards for Wolves finally binning off the junk last season.

We were crying out not just for a new gaffer but a complete new backroom staff, and these are the rewards for Wolves finally binning off the junk last season.

That's true, Nuno's greatest achievement is having an idea in his head then having the ability to implement his thoughts into actions by acquiring the players he saw fit to make his vision work. And all that in a foreign land within a couple of months.

Just watching back after our 2nd goal, and Sky stated that he's the first player since Mickey Holmes 30 years ago to score 6 in a row. Im pretty sure Kenny Miller scored 10 in a row for us.. ?

Not greatest achievement but really glad Bennett is doing well. Seems to read the game well and like the rest of the lads who are in and out of games he's putting 100% in, at least...

Just watching back after our 2nd goal, and Sky stated that he's the first player since Mickey Holmes 30 years ago to score 6 in a row. Im pretty sure Kenny Miller scored 10 in a row for us.. ?

Miller came close to the Micky Holmes record. He either equalled it or fell 1 short. I remember all the fuss at the time in the E&S.

I only had one criticism of Bennett last night, and that was when he walloped the ball up field after wining it back when there was a pass along the floor on.

Kind of clutching at straws to find problems though! Two clean sheets in a row so he'll stay in the team.

Not greatest achievement but really glad Bennett is doing well. Seems to read the game well and like the rest of the lads who are in and out of games he's putting 100% in, at least...

Sign of good coaching, all the squad players understand the system and their own defined roles within it should they be called on.

If Graham can’t get a look in compared to some of the shire they had in forward positions then he’s in trouble.

Agree with this completely, their wide players were grade A awful, hows he not been playing for them?

I only had one criticism of Bennett last night, and that was when he walloped the ball up field after wining it back when there was a pass along the floor on.

Old habits etc..He got a talking to (aka a bollocking) from Coady for that and it never happened again.

Agree with this completely, their wide players were grade A awful, hows he not been playing for them?

Ojo had been keeping him out of the team but he got crocked a couple of games ago. Maybe they have decided Graham is too direct and all this beating a man and whipping a cross in is not for them, much better to pointless pass around 30 yards from goal than get close to it.

Ojo had been keeping him out of the team but he got crocked a couple of games ago. Maybe they have decided Graham is too direct and all this beating a man and whipping a cross in is not for them, much better to pointless pass around 30 yards from goal than get close to it.

Maybe Nuno identified early on that Graham couldn't adapt his game so thought why not loan him out elsewhere.

On the other hand this team won't need much motivation in the return against Cardiff and have learned a lot in a short time

I think we’ll stand a far better chance against them next time round to.
After the last international break I looked at these batch of fixtures and thought if were still in the top two I’d be delighted.

I was looking at the Fulham forum and they mentioned how much some of their players cost and I was absolutely shocked - moneyball apparently not all it’s cracked up to be...

“I seem to recall, one of the main benefits of using a stats based approach is that you get good value for money by unearthing gems vs signing players who are more of a known quantity. Looks like we’ve got the worst of both worlds, then - we’ve spent:

£9M on Fonte
£5M on Kamara
£4M on Kebano
£2M on Cisse”

Fonte was £9m? Holy shit, he wasn’t fit to lace Leo’s boots...

Miller came close to the Micky Holmes record. He either equalled it or fell 1 short. I remember all the fuss at the time in the E&S.

Miller scored in five straight league games (Wimbledon, Sheff Wed, Brighton, Ipswich and Preston) and also in two FA Cup games (Leicester and Rochdale) sandwiched in there.

Was great last night the Steve Bull stand chanting the North bank chanting and of course us South Bankers having a laugh. All around was calm no one was in the least worried and that was before kick off. Thanks Nuno for that. We are gonna piss it no worries and thats just the beginning.......

On the train home and listening to some Blues fans talking about how we "destroyed" Fulham and how well Saiss and Bonatini played.

It's great to listen to fans of another club talking in such glowing terms about us!

Was great last night the Steve Bull stand chanting the North bank chanting and of course us South Bankers having a laugh. All around was calm no one was in the least worried and that was before kick off. Thanks Nuno for that. We are gonna piss it no worries and thats just the beginning.......

Fulham fans made me laugh as well. 'We're getting facked on the tele, facked on the tele'

Also from the Fulham forum on the 29th October

“Rumour re: Graham is that he's just simply not good enough. Hasn't played well in training and has a poor attitude.”

Back