• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Fulham 0 the 'Simples really' verdict thread

wanky wanderers is as old as the hills, but it doesn't really make sense unless it's already been sung to us, which it used to be, when chants were less imaginative.

Bright will get better by exposure to the kind of players he is now surrounded by. I do think the criticism of him is a bit harsh at times.

I have no problem with any criticism of that bloke who shouts a lot (is it Jason Forrest) he is fucking lame as fuck. And although I enjoyed watching Steve Daley the player his reincarnation of a entertainer is awful. No doubt he's a funny guy on the after dinner circuit, where he can throw in a few adult stories, but those interviews yak!
I avoid turning up to my seat before 2 mins to kick off because of the insane screeching of that Jason bloke.
Even Sky were remarking how stupidly loud our PA was. Why we can't discuss the game at half time without a background of shit is beyond me.

It's both loud and impossible to hear properly. Impressive in its own way.

The PA system (not Tannoy, that's a brand name) isn't great (certainly compared to Old Trafford, Etihad, Wembley etc) but it's adequate enough if you speak normally, I could catch most of what MGW was saying because he's a normal person. Jason Forrest yells into the mic yet weirdly has the presence of a member of Alt-J, and Steve Daley mumbles too much, plus all he does is tell former players what they did. They already know, you fool, ask them something.

Not that I care too much, I don't need an extravaganza at half time. But if you're going to bother then do it properly. I guarantee there are people on here who would be better than Jason Forrest.

I like the $#@!y Wanderers chants, but only after the opposition have sung it to us and then we've taken the lead. It's a piss take of the opposition in that they've just called us $#@!y and now we are beating them.

The cavaliero song is as catchy as hell - I'm not surprised it gets sung loads

I understand what you are trying to achieve, but those that are not aware of what you're doing simply hear the loud chant being derogatory to Wolves.

I heard it over the TV against Villa, and then against Fulham who took less than 500 fans who must have been laughing up their sleeves, as whoever is singing they've achieved their aim. God knows what Nuno and the players think.

It needs to stop now or else following that logic, the next thing they'll be doing is booing Wolves when they score.

It's not just Wolves who do it. Watch any Man Utd game and they will sing "Who the fuck are Man Utd"

The singing back of a song has gone on for years....our fans are late to the party on it.

I understand what you are trying to achieve, but those that are not aware of what you're doing simply hear the loud chant being derogatory to Wolves.

I heard it over the TV against Villa, and then against Fulham who took less than 500 fans who must have been laughing up their sleeves, as whoever is singing they've achieved their aim. God knows what Nuno and the players think.

It needs to stop now or else following that logic, the next thing they'll be doing is booing Wolves when they score.

Good grief. It's just a bit of fun. I'd imagine Ruben Neves doesn't think much about it at all apart from, 'Oh, our fans are loud at the moment'. Dicko, Afobe & Sako had no idea about their song vs Leeds until after the game and that was the loudest and longest I can remember our fans singing one particular chant.

It's not just Wolves who do it. Watch any Man Utd game and they will sing "Who the $#@! are Man Utd"

The singing back of a song has gone on for years....our fans are late to the party on it.

Doesn't make it right, nor sensible.

It's singing songs at a football game, why does it have to be sensible?

:icon_lol:

Seriously?

"Sensible songs only please, chaps. Preferably profanity-free."

It's singing songs at a football game, why does it have to be sensible?

I'm still scarred by our fans singing "Who needs Cantona when we've got Ferguson". Since then I've been deeply suspicious of everything.

"Fantastic goal Wolverhampton, tally ho chaps!"

I'm still scarred by our fans singing "Who needs Cantona when we've got Ferguson". Since then I've been deeply suspicious of everything.

Well you can't legislate for that shit

Good grief. It's just a bit of fun. I'd imagine Ruben Neves doesn't think much about it at all apart from, 'Oh, our fans are loud at the moment'. Dicko, Afobe & Sako had no idea about their song vs Leeds until after the game and that was the loudest and longest I can remember our fans singing one particular chant.

It's just my opinion, but I don't think it's very funny to run down your own team. I like a laugh myself but there's no logic to this.

"Ooooooooohhhh - you slightly overweight gentleman of dubious parentage"

"The ref is only human, and bound to make mistakes"

"He's taken your wife shopping for a nice scarf and gloves then booked her a taxi home with absolutely no physical contact along the way, he's taken your wife shopping for a nice scarf and gloves then booked her a taxi home with absolutely no physical contact along the way, John Terry, he's taken your wife shopping for a nice scarf and gloves then booked her a taxi home with absolutely no physical contact along the way"

Back