• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Fulham 0 the 'Simples really' verdict thread

Wanky Wanderers is so toe-curlingly cringeworthy it is beyond description.

Like the bad joke your drunk mate tells you at the start of an evening and then repeats every ten minutes until you throw yourself out of a window.

Why are we singing this now?

And therefore the rest of the ground must join in or be considered "not superfans"

Great...

yeah, I've heard the away fans singing at us, didn't know we were doing it ourselves. Moronic IMO.

The wanky wanderers chant is great at the right moment, don't see the problem with it if you take it as it's meant. It's not meant to be derogatory towards the team, it's the complete opposite.

As someone that stands in the Southbank i love the atmosphere we create and while the songs may not always be the most original it's great to get behind your side. I'd love it if we had someone like Utd who comes up with top quality lyrics but we don't and we go with what we have got.

Those were the days, we're by far the greatest team, build a bonfire, the Cav song, Diogo, Nunoooooooo(hey jude), take us to the premier, Nuno Santo's barmy army, Stevie Bulls a tatter, wanky wanderers etc are all pretty standard but have the desired effect and when the whole of the Southbank sing them the atmosphere it fantastic and even better when the other stands join in. Like i said when the whole ground joined in against Villa it was as loud as i have heard a football stadium i think, or at least for a good while. Man City away was top notch too.

The only problem i have is that sometimes the atmosphere goes flat and especially towards half time and just after. I can understand fans having a drink but i just think do it before and after the game if you're going to rather than missing part of the game for an overpriced beer that can't be very good. Not a big fan of fans leaving early either especially 5/10 minutes before the end.

And therefore the rest of the ground must join in or be considered "not superfans"

Great...

Come on Paddy no one is saying that at all, just saying there's nothing wrong with the little bit of banter between the stands and that if the Northbank sang as well how fantastic the atmosphere would be and is when they do. Nothing wrong with wanting to create a louder Molineux. Plenty by me in the Southbank don't sing for the majority of the game despite being in S1 which is pretty close to those that most of the songs and that's their choice, just think those that want to sing should and more.

We'll sing on our own.

Says it all

South Bank, North Bank - now that was alright, but this holier than thou crap from the South Bank is just annoying.

We'll sing on our own.

Says it all

South Bank, North Bank - now that was alright, but this holier than thou crap from the South Bank is just annoying.

Really? Taking it far too seriously, it's because we do basically sing on our own and want the other stands to join in. The Steve Bull stand sang "we are the Steve Bull we'll sing on our own" at one point on Friday and it was applauded by the Southbank and then replied with "you're fucking worse than the Northbank" and then came "Northbank, Northbank give us a song" which they did. Was decent banter between all 3 stands if you ask me.

As an ardent North Banker (from 2011 onwards, anyway) I honestly don't give a fuck :icon_lol:

As I say, I sit where I sit because it's the best view. I'm not interested in singing. I definitely don't want to be standing up for 90 minutes if I can help it. The South Bank are interested in all that so they can carry on, fair play. I just demand accuracy when they describe Ivan Cavaleiro's ball retention statistics. And that they don't sing "1-2-3-4" in the middle of it.

I just think a stand chanting derision at other stands because its occupants think they are the best, rather than encouraging the team in front of them or intimidating the opposition is somewhat arse about face, but hey, maybe that's just me.

As an ardent North Banker (from 2011 onwards, anyway) I honestly don't give a fuck :icon_lol:

As I say, I sit where I sit because it's the best view. I'm not interested in singing. I definitely don't want to be standing up for 90 minutes if I can help it. The South Bank are interested in all that so they can carry on, fair play. I just demand accuracy when they describe Ivan Cavaleiro's ball retention statistics. And that they don't sing "1-2-3-4" in the middle of it.

Which is fair enough but there are fans in the Northbank that do like a sing every now again, just wish they would do it more. Like i've said i have no problem with those that don't sing.

Much like you i have my seat where it is for various reasons, i like being behind the goal because you can see how each team sets up, i like standing up, i like singing and like i said about the songs they may not be the best but they make Molineux loud when groups of fans sing them.

I just think a stand chanting derision at other stands because its occupants think they are the best, rather than encouraging the team in front of them or intimidating the opposition is somewhat arse about face, but hey, maybe that's just me.

Well from my personal point of view i don't think i'm better than anyone else and have never said so. There are plenty of Southbankers that probably do just like there are plenty of Northbankers that think everyone in the Southbank is a knuckledragging neanderthal. Neither is the case with the majority i would say but still maintain that Molineux would be better if those that sing did so more often. Nothing beats the atmosphere when it's a big game at Molineux.

If you wanna sing, just sing to support your own team..not rocket science is it?

Now that last line I totally agree with, Slink

I was on the South Bank for many years. And when it was good, it was often beyond awesome. However, when it was bad, it was so poisonous (relegation season under Mick) I actively couldn't wait to move.

I am not a regular singer myself any more. And I certainly don't need to stand up all game. So I guess I am in the right stand for me.

Why we can't discuss the game at half time without a background of shit is beyond me.
I’d had a few but from what I recall at halftime at Man City they had a couple of ex players on the pitch discussing the first half with highlights on the video walls. That’d be ok.

It's not just Wolves who do it. Watch any Man Utd game and they will sing "Who the fuck are Man Utd"

The singing back of a song has gone on for years....our fans are late to the party on it.
Leeds sing about “one of their own” until Sky usually mute the sound. Shame he’s a dead child abuser.

Now that last line I totally agree with, Slink

I was on the South Bank for many years. And when it was good, it was often beyond awesome. However, when it was bad, it was so poisonous (relegation season under Mick) I actively couldn't wait to move.

I am not a regular singer myself any more. And I certainly don't need to stand up all game. So I guess I am in the right stand for me.

At least we can agree on something then, it is as good as anywhere when it's rocking.

I would agree that it has been poisonous at times but since that relegation season i would say that there's been change and even with the shit we have had since then the Southbank has stayed with the players and supported them more than most other teams would support their players. We still get the odd outburst but you're always going to get them.

Yeah if you don't want to do all that i have listed that i like to do you probably are in the right stand and i think it's great that this side have given you a reason to get your half season ticket. I have no problem with anyone that doesn't want to stand or sing just as i have said wish those that do want too and there are plenty in all stands i would imagine do so and get behind the team.

I’d had a few but from what I recall at halftime at Man City they had a couple of ex players on the pitch discussing the first half with highlights on the video walls. That’d be ok.

D-Vass was there at City. He didn't know which team to call "us".

In general the fans have been very good since 2013, I had far more complaints about them in the preceding decade.

The Preston game I was in the lower quadrant. I understand the idea is that will be a sort of South Bank overspill as tickets in the stand are pretty much gold dust. Quite a decent racket in there and plenty were standing and singing.

i don't really think the "we'll sing on our own" chant is about being a superfan, it's because the South Bank would genuinely love the other stands to join in and sing with us. In general, football fans enjoy a loud atmosphere.

Also I think the wanky wanderers song started to be sung by us at Forest away a couple of years ago, after they had been singing it at us, and since then it's usually sang when the opposition sing it first.

Anyway, if you don't like the chants then that's cool, just come up with something better!

Back