• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Fulham 0 the 'Simples really' verdict thread

Fucking hell, it's only the first day of the international break :icon_lol:

Lol.

Derby sing "sheep shaggers" ironically too. And it's just as shit.

Joking aside, I don't really care what anyone sings, just don't side eye me when I finally crop up at Molineux and can't be arsed to join in.

Singing an ironic song about yourself is great. Borin ell lads.

FWIW I'm not keen on the South bank v North bank ones. Nor our intro music as I genuinely didn't know others used it til recently. Not keen any more.

Leeds have adopted the
"Leeds are falling apart. .. .again" (j division) that was sung at them.

Just another view on this..we have a team called Östersund in sweden(currently leading a group in the europa league)..they never haunted other teams and always cheer on their own team(despite if they play good or bad)must be pretty unique unless some japanese teams do it since they are so polite..cant say i have never myself sang songs about the other team or players trying to get them out of focus, but it can also be lightning fluid for the other team and turn games around.. whatever we do, we have nuno and everton got BFS ;)

I've been to grounds up and down the country watching Wolves and I can't recall any ground where it was the norm for all 4 stands to be singing, it just doesn't happen.

I've been to grounds up and down the country watching Wolves and I can't recall any ground where it was the norm for all 4 stands to be singing, it just doesn't happen.

I thought it might be less split when you have a ground with all 4 sides joined up. Guess not then

Half of the South Bank havent ever experienced the true South Bank terrace, they try hard to though.

I’d had a few but from what I recall at halftime at Man City they had a couple of ex players on the pitch discussing the first half with highlights on the video walls. That’d be ok.

Yeah they did it was ok as well, talk about the game you're watching at half time (radical)
It all started to drowned out the fans goading each other at half time (as if 90mins aint long enough)
but like all steps taken it is never changed back when no longer required.

i don't really think the "we'll sing on our own" chant is about being a superfan, it's because the South Bank would genuinely love the other stands to join in and sing with us. In general, football fans enjoy a loud atmosphere.

Also I think the $#@!y wanderers song started to be sung by us at Forest away a couple of years ago, after they had been singing it at us, and since then it's usually sang when the opposition sing it first.

Anyway, if you don't like the chants then that's cool, just come up with something better!
We used to sing it in the 70's

Half of the South Bank havent ever experienced the true South Bank terrace, they try hard to though.

Early seventies ram packed when there was no segregation, Leeds comes to mind. I wouldn't like to experience that again.

Not going to get involved in the new song debate, but I wish some of the old ones were still sang regularly / more regularly - Wanderers scarf, Yogi Bear, Where the hell are you from, Gold Flag Flying High, W-O-L-V-E-S. Chants will always change and evolve, but the playbook seemed a lot bigger 25-30 years ago

In the 70's the North Bank was where the most vocal fans stood. The North Bank would be full an hour before kick off, the rest of the ground filling up gradually as kick off approached.

Yogi Bear?
Yes one of those random songs that went on for ages with about 10 different verses, some of which were Wolves related.
We all know a famous bear, Yogi, Yogi.
We all know a famous bear, Yogi, Yogi Bear.

Reading that I think it falls into the 'had to be there' category.

Yes one of those random songs that went on for ages with about 10 different verses, some of which were Wolves related.
We all know a famous bear, Yogi, Yogi.
We all know a famous bear, Yogi, Yogi Bear.

Reading that I think it falls into the 'had to be there' category.
Similar to the 'Saying goodbye to his horse' choral offering.

Back