• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - 2 Liverpool: The Verdict.

van Dijk cost £75 m & Salah roughly £40 m - our most expensive player cost £18 m (& he's a player who divides opinions anyway)

There is a divide between the top 2 or 3 sides and the rest - that is what we are trying to bridge

Won't happen in the first season back really

Pretty much that. City and Liverpool are light years ahead of anyone else right now but it was not a thing that happened overnight. Pep spent about £400m and it still took him until his second season to challenge for trophies and Klopp has been in the job for 3 years now. We've put in good performances against all of the top 6 and are quite clearly making progress. I'm confident Fosun will back us financially and with a full season in the Prem and a respectable finish we should be able to attract a higher calibre of player and continue working towards greater success.

Pretty much that. City and Liverpool are light years ahead of anyone else right now but it was not a thing that happened overnight. Pep spent about £400m and it still took him until his second season to challenge for trophies and Klopp has been in the job for 3 years now. We've put in good performances against all of the top 6 and are quite clearly making progress. I'm confident Fosun will back us financially and with a full season in the Prem and a respectable finish we should be able to attract a higher calibre of player and continue working towards greater success.
I agree with all of that. Apart from Bennett, none of the other players have played in the premier league, and it's a new experience for Nuno too.
To be where we are in the league is fantastic, and I'm sure Fosun are delighted in the direction were going.

I agree with all of that. Apart from Bennett, none of the other players have played in the premier league, and it's a new experience for Nuno too.
To be where we are in the league is fantastic, and I'm sure Fosun are delighted in the direction were going.

Agree, think we forget how inexperienced our side is especially at this level, only really Moutinho and Patricio. We're doing great but its not going to happen overnight, seems to me FFP rules are designed to keep the big sides at the top, so a few improvements at each transfer window is the way to go

Back