• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May not be accurate about Wilks but we sure aren't going to have problems attracting players in January. And the comment about Marshall is spot on. Last season he was one of faint rays of hope: on Saturday it looked like Nuno was being kind and letting the fat kid have a game for 10 minutes

Marshall just doesn’t suit anything we do now, he’s not up to the standard of the rest of the midfield. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was moved on in January.

It's kids writing pieces to build a CV and try and get a proper job in journalism. Shouldn't be looked at any deeper than that.

Marshall just doesn’t suit anything we do now, he’s not up to the standard of the rest of the midfield. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was moved on in January.

I'd much rather we used Ronan in the squad than Marshall

We're fine in central and attacking midfield.

We need to strengthen at RB (assuming German Phil never competes for a first team spot), another striker to give us cover up top, and possibly another top CB.

We're fine in central and attacking midfield.

We need to strengthen at RB (assuming German Phil never competes for a first team spot), another striker to give us cover up top, and possibly another top CB.

Think that we can cope at CB at this level with what we have - the other places wouldn't disagree with

I think RWB and CB are our two biggest priorities in January (excepting making deals like Jota permanent).

Why do we need a centre half?

CB won't be a priority. Boly, Miranda, Coady, Batth, Hause, Bennett & Siass have us stocked for this season. Any thoughts on upgrading for the Prem will come if we get there.

Deslandes in a real emergency too. We don't need nine options there FFS.

CH is fine for this season (particularly as players such as Danny B have shown an ability that was unexpected) - as Kenny has said get into the Premier and we would need to have another think about it

I said a couple of weeks ago that I think Boly is probably the only one of our CBs that we can expect to look good in the Prem. Miranda and Hause have potential but could go the other way, too. Coady, Batth, and Bennett aren't good enough for that level.

I'd feel better if we went ahead and got another one that is clearly a buy for the next level.

I said a couple of weeks ago that I think Boly is probably the only one of our CBs that we can expect to look good in the Prem. Miranda and Hause have potential but could go the other way, too. Coady, Batth, and Bennett aren't good enough for that level.

I'd feel better if we went ahead and got another one that is clearly a buy for the next level.

We haven't got to the next level yet (we are only 12 games into the season & a lot 'can' go wrong between now & the season end) - start buying when we are guaranteed to get there

Sure, and I'd like David Alaba to replace Douglas, but the man we have at the moment is more than good enough for this level.

We aren't going to make that kind of vanity purchase when the job won't be done in January. Doherty has no competition at the moment and no one else in the squad does anything approaching what Leo does. They are the two weak areas of the squad.

I don't like Ryan Bennett but it would be ludicrous squad management if he were sat here as seventh choice.

An injury and a suspension meant that we had to play Bennett away at Burton. Which was fine as it was Burton. But say it was Fulham or Cardiff away, or a team who can play football and have pacy forwards, and we might have been in more trouble with Bennett.

We don't know how Hause will do in this system coming in alongside Coady. He'll most likely be fine, but you never know.

If we can buy someone with an eye on playing in the Prem too when we get there, then I'd be all over it. Possibly one of the fringe Prem players on loan in Jan with an option to buy if we go up.

I'll get my Joselu scouts on the case...

Two injuries and a suspension as Hause was not deemed fit.

It'd be the equivalent of when Mick had about seven strikers on the books at the same time in 07/08. Just a waste of resources when there were other areas that needed fixing.

You might want a CH but no way is it a priority.

I think Locadia has probably doubled in price (minimum) over the start of the season. Flying at PSV.

2 injuries and a suspension (including Hause), and as a result we picked a player who had played over 60 games in the PL and tons in the championship. You can't expect better than that from you're 6th choice CB.

We aren't ever going to have 3 defenders missing for an extended period of time this season barring a spate of the plague. Even still, if we really don't want to play Bennett, pick Saiss...

We've got a bloated squad as it is. Price, Ronan, Prince, Zyro are regularly missing the squad completely, and we've got the next crop of promising youngsters after that.

Only priorities in Jan for me are

Striker - one that’s good enough to be a starter even if we get promoted - Polish guy at Anderlecht maybe

A right wing back assuming Phil is not going to ever play

Sign Jota I’m permenant deal early if possible and also Boly

Definitely don't need a centre back. We need another RWB if Phil isn't fit or good enough and we need another striker at a push but we need whoever we bring in to be good enough to step up to the Premier League. That's not going to be easy mid season especially when we will make Jota and Vinagre permanent imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back