• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't appear he will oust Doherty, German Phil will be fit soon/we will sign another RWB. He's miles down the pecking order in loads of positions, may as well sell him as he has decent market value.

Goes to show. Not long back we were looking at him as a slight bright spark that we wanted fitted in anywhere really as he can actually play football...

Goes to show. Not long back we were looking at him as a slight bright spark that we wanted fitted in anywhere really as he can actually play football...

When your alternatives or Dave Edwards, Jed Wallace, George Saville etc. It's a no brainer

Some people were so excited when Wallace signed. [emoji23]

For the money we paid, considering our financial position at the time (no immediate indication Morgan was leaving, but he definitely wasn't going to be throwing money at us ever again, the parachute money was coming towards an end and our best player was leaving on a free) and given his goal record (at a lower level) it seemed a pretty good signing. He isn't good enough as we now know and he doesn't seem to be doing much for Millwall at this level, but it was a fair enough punt and he wasn't helped out by Ken at all - as Lycan has pointed out previously, to hear him speak about Jed over the course of a year, you'd think he was describing three different players.

I think a lot of the excitement with Jed was that he was ostensibly a second Jacobs, which some interpreted (myself included) as a return to the style Jackett employed in League 1. Alas, Jed got shunted out wide, Yannick Sagbo and Grant Holt played as #10-ish's, and we were fucking shit.

I think a lot of the excitement with Jed was that he was ostensibly a second Jacobs, which some interpreted (myself included) as a return to the style Jackett employed in League 1. Alas, Jed got shunted out wide, Yannick Sagbo and Grant Holt played as #10-ish's, and we were $#@!ing $#@!.

Someone should do a Sagbo/Holt highlights reel just to remind us how far we've come. What was the game where Holt had that total air shot from about 6 yards out?

Holt didn't really play as a #10 for us (he didn't play much at all). Ten minutes at Blues, the second half at Bristol City (when I decided I'd had enough of Ken), about half an hour at Hillsborough and inexplicably the last minute at home to Reading. All of them he was nominally playing up front. Didn't do anything in any of them.

It was the concept of the signing that was offensive with him rather than any out-and-out horror show moments on the pitch, at least as far as I remember. He just ambled around looking two stone overweight and obviously finished.

Sagbo did play as a #10 at home to Huddersfield (when Coady scored a belter for them) and he was indeed shocking. Had a weird air shot on the edge of the box at home to Blues. He was also here the year before we signed Wallace.

Holt didn't really play as a #10 for us (he didn't play much at all). Ten minutes at Blues, the second half at Bristol City (when I decided I'd had enough of Ken), about half an hour at Hillsborough and inexplicably the last minute at home to Reading. All of them he was nominally playing up front. Didn't do anything in any of them.

He did move out of the way of Ojo's shot at Blues and we scored....so not all bad

Remember watching Holt warm up as a sub during one match running?? down the side of the pitch

Hopefully they weren't really contemplating putting him on as at the speed he was(n't) moving he would have struggled to get back to the dug out before the match ended

Holt had a cracking tache though when he was at Norwich

No he's not going to play. Neves and Saiss are both better and play roles he can't imo.

May not be accurate about Wilks but we sure aren't going to have problems attracting players in January. And the comment about Marshall is spot on. Last season he was one of faint rays of hope: on Saturday it looked like Nuno was being kind and letting the fat kid have a game for 10 minutes

HITC should be just closed down. It is pointless nonsense. Those team forums that ban rumours from certain sites all put HITC on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back