• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine Nuno has a RWB lined up (my guess is someone we have never heard of) we need to be as strong in the right as we are on the left from Jan onwards ideally. I would like a different central option in the Kenny Jacket "Powerful" mould but able to link play as well (yeah I know it's asking a lot)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Timmy II "understands" we will try and sign Jota on a permanent deal in January.

For less than Neves, too. Bargain!

I try not to be too rough on old Timbo but that is the most obvious of "news" updates.

Not really - we have a deal arranged for the summer IF WE GET PROMOTED.

So bringing it forward will take a bit of negotiation. Hopefully we are still flying and promo looks an odds on bet at that point.

Not really - we have a deal arranged for the summer IF WE GET PROMOTED.

So bringing it forward will take a bit of negotiation. Hopefully we are still flying and promo looks an odds on bet at that point.
Surely the only thing riding on promotion would be the player's desire to sign? I doubt Atletico give a fuck, it's not like Championship money is worth less.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I'd think we're probably trying to push through all our loanees as early as possible

The fee agreed For Diego (sorry couldn't resist) will have nothing to do with promotion, the wages on the other hand will be a major factor. All the noises when he came was that if we got promoted we would look to make things permanent however seeing as we have a fee agreed and will most likely double (if the reports are true) it in the event of a sale it makes sense to get things done quickly.

He is also loved by the fans and has a pretty awesome song, why wouldn't he want to stay at this age?

Question for all if we do sign Jota does that free up a loan??

If I were Jota I wouldn't sign unless there was a guaranteed release clause irrespective of how much he's enjoying it or where we are in the league come January. He should be playing in a European first division of some description next year I wouldn't take the risk of that not happening. In answer to your last point Siggy, yes it would. We can actually have as many as 8 players on loan but only 5 can be in the match day squad, so we currently are full if we want to use all of Bonatini, Jota, Vinagre, Boly and N'Diaye. The former is the one I could see becoming permanent in January in terms of all parties wanting to firm it up.

Alan Nixon (has a pretty crap hit rate on rumours) states Marshall is basically up for sale

Sounds about right. Doesn't get in the squad anymore and Ronan has been preferred.

Marshall falls into the Dicko and Edwards umbrella of being a good squad Championship player, but with the positions in our system being so defined he doesn't fit one so leaving would probably be best for all.

Looks like Marshall might be off.

I'd still like to see him at RWB, he's no worse than doc defensively but unquestionably has a better delivery

Nuno clearly doesn't agree and I'm sure has looked at him there in training. Personally I think Marshall could play there at Molineux against sides in the bottom half of the table for the reason you highlight Andy, but doesn't have the mobility to do that job away from home nor against the better sides at our place.

For me, Marshall is too slow and nowhere near athletic enough for RWB, ok for wide midfield but we don't look like we're ever gunna go that way with Nuno, so might as well get rid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back