• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a really weird signing if it went through. Mason is way below the standard of MLS.

I reckon Sig would score goals in MLS and as crap as I think Mason is, he's a better player than that.

Kei Kamara scores goals in that league and he's a horrific footballer.

Would be a really weird signing if it went through. Mason is way below the standard of MLS.

I'm not sure about this.
Sure the standard in the MLS is improving, and Mason plainly isn't very good, but he has been in the championship his whole career (minus maybe one season I think). It's a bit far to say that he's way below the standard.

Physical prowess is probably the most important part of forward play in MLS. That is why the likes of Kamara and Wright-Phillips have been successful despite relatively poor skill on the ball. Mason lacks the physicality needed and isn't that skillful.

He'll do as well as Doyle did for them, which is not at all.

I'm not sure about this.
Sure the standard in the MLS is improving, and Mason plainly isn't very good, but he has been in the championship his whole career (minus maybe one season I think). It's a bit far to say that he's way below the standard.

It was poor phrasing on my part tbf. More accurate to say that he just doesn't have the skill set most successful strikers in the league have.

It was poor phrasing on my part tbf. More accurate to say that he just doesn't have the skill set most successful strikers in the league have.

To be fair, despite him being somewhat a mainstay in championship teams. I'm still not entirely sure what Mason's (positive) skillset is!

New summer thread up right now.

Closing this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back