• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see a RWB but if the only business we did was to end up signing Jota & Vinagre permanently then I'd be delighted with that.

I think you have to be always looking to upgrade whenever possible so if Premier league quality players become available you have to try and sign them.
Even though we now have two wonderful options at left wing back if Luke Shaw was available on loan from Man Utd in January with a view to buy in the summer I would take such a talent.

Shaw is in danger of chucking his career away, David Bentley style. Way too heavy for a start at the moment.

Shaw is in danger of chucking his career away, David Bentley style. Way too heavy for a start at the moment.

I think both he and Callum Chambers would be great as part of our 3 at the back but as a LB I think Shaw isn't going to cut it, he's just got the wrong body shape.

I think both he and Callum Chambers would be great as part of our 3 at the back but as a LB I think Shaw isn't going to cut it, he's just got the wrong body shape.

Interesting view, I still see Shaw as potentially England's best option down the left hand side in either position. If Nuno can get Matt Doherty slim and fit he should be able to do likewise with Luke Shaw.

Shaw seems to have caught 'Nick Powell' syndrome

Luke Shaw is 22 - he signed for one of the biggest clubs in the country at 19 and is on a pretty substantial salary. In hindsight it was probably the wrong move at his age, he "made it" before actually making it. Big money move, playing for England... all before his 21st birthday. Nobody doubts his talent but he probably does need to step down a level to realise it. I'd have him at Wolves in a heartbeat on loan in January.

When Shaw signed for United I think everyone saw it as quite a natural move for him, he really looked the part. In fact, Hodgson should have started him at the World Cup I thought.

Vinagre really reminds me of him when he first came through at Southampton. So fast, direct plus good defensively. The journalist in Portugal seems to think we will try to sign him permanently in January

When Shaw signed for United I think everyone saw it as quite a natural move for him, he really looked the part. In fact, Hodgson should have started him at the World Cup I thought.

Vinagre really reminds me of him when he first came through at Southampton. So fast, direct plus good defensively. The journalist in Portugal seems to think we will try to sign him permanently in January

Vinny has retweeted a Portuguese article that says we'll sign him permanently in Jan.

Excellent news. He's a ridiculous prospect.

Can only be a good thing to sign a defender who is also amongst the club's best dribblers and (if his goal is anything to go by) most assured finishers.

If he continues like this we'll be selling him for 35m+ in a year or two. Quote me on that.

Make it two years if we're actually quoting me. :icon_wink:

giphy.webp

Can only be a good thing to sign a defender who is also amongst the club's best dribblers and (if his goal is anything to go by) most assured finishers.

If he continues like this we'll be selling him for 35m+ in a year or two. Quote me on that.

We won't but the lad has got serious ability. We should definitely sign him in January as he is only going to get better considering how many games he has actually played. Seems to be enjoying it here like everyone else too.

Sign Vinagre up..never understood the praise for Shaw though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back