• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

The bunfight for those two would be spectacular. We wouldn't get within a reindeer's bellow of getting either but it will be interesting to see where they end up. I could see Bayern being VERY keen on Sane.

Real for Jesus. Bayern for Sane would be where my money would go.

Juventus next for Jesus. PSG for Sane if they sold Neymar to Real as rumoured.

Tbh, I probably think less highly of them than you guys.

Jesus has 27 in 65 for an amazing attacking city side. Hes good, but He’s no Agüero. Sane is a massive talent but is inconsistent and has an attitude issue. I didn’t see a top top side in for Jesus, and Sane is a gamble (if one worth taking).

They wouldn’t be allowed to go to a top six side in England, and we're the next best option - I didn’t see Real or Barça in for either, maybe Bayern or PSG but they also have other, more proven options.

They're both on crazy, crazy money. We wouldn't get near on that basis alone (and I can guarantee you either would find a Champions League team in any case)

We can definitely pay good wages, but £250-£350k a week? Not a chance, not yet. We would be shitting all over the FFP wage limit rules.

How many other teams will pay those wages though? Once you get past real, Barca, PSG and Bayern?

We can definitely pay good wages, but £250-£350k a week? Not a chance, not yet. We would be shitting all over the FFP wage limit rules.

I thought we could smash the FFP wage limit (if we're currently below it) and were then limited to an extra £7million + non TV revenue increase per year? Not that I'm suggesting we should or could sign those two, much as I like Sane'.

I have seen thoughts about that, I even posted them myself, but I have come to doubt it. It just seems a bit silly that you would be allowed to do it. If you are, then great, sky's the limit, for one season at least.

Am another that isn't overly keen on Jesus, not at the top level anyway. Even in the games he scores that I see I come away fairly indifferent of him. Inacheo looked decent in that City team and he has like 4 or 5 goals for Leicester. Jesus is a step up on him but talent wise I think he is more suited to a Wolves, Everton, Watford level than the top level being mentioned here. Definitely good enough for the champs league but wouldn't currently want to rely on him to save me in it or win it for me if I was one of the elite.

I think that comparing wolves with the likes of man city cannot be done. Fosun are a company and will look at wolves in a business like fashion. My understanding of man city or Chelsea ownership is quite different.

For that reason I think we would not take the piss with ffp. Nor would I want too.

Johnny Phillips sees what most on here do:

"Gerard Deulofeu came on to turn the game in Watford’s favour at Wembley. Then Shane Long and Oriel Romeu entered the pitch for the final half-hour at St Mary’s to sure up the points with the game still in the balance.

The contrast with Wolves’ own changes could not have been starker. When Wolves do begin to spend money this summer, they could do with buying an entire substitutes’ bench."
https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...e-burst-not-quite-but-a-little-fizz-has-gone/

I don't have a quote but Mickey Burrows has said that Nuno apparently wants 20 outfield players in the first team squad next year, so if we are now including Kilman that's +3 before departures.

Johnny Phillips sees what most on here do:

"Gerard Deulofeu came on to turn the game in Watford’s favour at Wembley. Then Shane Long and Oriel Romeu entered the pitch for the final half-hour at St Mary’s to sure up the points with the game still in the balance.

The contrast with Wolves’ own changes could not have been starker. When Wolves do begin to spend money this summer, they could do with buying an entire substitutes’ bench."
https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...e-burst-not-quite-but-a-little-fizz-has-gone/

I don't have a quote but Mickey Burrows has said that Nuno apparently wants 20 outfield players in the first team squad next year, so if we are now including Kilman that's +3 before departures.

I think the last three weeks prove this point . our first 13 is solid enough but after that we do not have the depth of quality, sadly. I am sure that will be addressed.

Another one Hamburg chucked away for no reason...

He's decent. Would see him more as a squad player though if we did sign him, he's not as good as the starting three CMs we have (but he does get more goals).

Cheers.

£22m would seem a bit toppy for a squad player, although only £4m more than we spent on one last Summer mind

Demirbay and Sanson are definitely the kind of player I can see us buying in the summer. A more attacking minded central midfielder who can bridge the gap between Neves/Moutinho and Raúl/Jota. I'd love to see us develop something similar to Eintract Frankfurt's 'magic triangle' of Rebic/Haller/Jovic. I think that's the natural progression of Nuno's 'Idea'.

Demirbay and Sanson are definitely the kind of player I can see us buying in the summer. A more attacking minded central midfielder who can bridge the gap between Neves/Moutinho and Raúl/Jota. I'd love to see us develop something similar to Eintract Frankfurt's 'magic triangle' of Rebic/Haller/Jovic. I think that's the natural progression of Nuno's 'Idea'.
Bruno Fernandes is the dream obviously... If only to see Joel squirm...

Back