• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Definitely would take Rondon.

Rondon would be an option - wouldn't necessarily be a starter, so depends whether he would accept that.

Would bring a bit more physicality when we needed it though not sure he would want to play a bit part - the money he would cost is irrelevant

Unsure. My Albion mates always slated him. 9 goals and 5 assists though this term.

Rondon would be an infinitely preferable option to Mitrovic. An excellent plan B forward, and top-flight proven for me. I would be all over it.

For the record, I still want Seb Haller. He's even better than Raul. Probably a pipe dream though.

We could have had him for relative pennies 3-4 years ago.

Better value than Jordan Hugill

I like the way Rondon plays. He's both physical and skilled. He would be a good asset to back up Raul and Jota.

For the record, I still want Seb Haller. He's even better than Raul. Probably a pipe dream though.

We could have had him for relative pennies 3-4 years ago.

What would he cost? £40m? Worth every penny.

I think IF we can make a Europa spot we might be able to snag Maxi Gomez. He would also be an excellent option. There are some great strikers that are attainable out there.

I don't like Maxi Gomez, he's a big tub of fuck.

Frankfurt should qualify for Europe again, they could still win the Europa League (unlikely, but 2-0 vs Benfica takes them through and then you never know) and they aren't poor by any means, so probably more than that.

Betis nabbing Lo Celso for €22m is an absolute steal. Top player. PSG have had a mare signing Paredes for €45m and losing the better player for half the price.

He'd be perfect for us, technical central midfielder with an eye for a goal.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/liverpool-player-closer-signing-wolves-instead-returning-former-club/

Think it's already been mentioned on here but more about Camacho. Not a reliable source of course but does seem to fit type of player we would target. I thought he was OK against us in the cup.

If we are in for a right wing back/right back when I think about it I would much rather we made a bid for Reece James. There's a chance he will be in the Chelsea squad next season but I think this summer will be the opportunity for clubs to buy him, as there's no guarantees Sarri (or whoever is in charge) will use him much. A bit like our idea with Zinchenko I suppose.

I like James too. Think he could operate well further forward. I think we may well break the bank for a RWB, somebody nobody thinks we could get rather than a young/ back up player.

I thought Camacho was an attacking midfielder rather than a RWB? We have MGW for that role, and as bad as he was on Saturday, he should be the next cab off the rank for that position. And if we are going to get another player into the 10 role to give Moutinho a rest every now and again I'd go and get Mason Mount.

I agree, I think we could get James for a decent fee if Chelsea are willing to sell. Suppose it might include a buy back clause.

Camacho played right back for Liverpool against us and he looked decent going forward I thought. Think he does play further forward in general though.

Mount I am also a big fan of - but I agree I'd like us to continue to invest our time into MGW's development.

I don't think we would agree to buy any players from Chelsea with a buy back.

They are going to lose Hazard in the summer, and when you couple that with them not being able to sign players and potential to be playing Europa not Champions League football - they're the most vulnerable team in that top 6 for me.

I don't think we would agree to buy any players from Chelsea with a buy back.

They are going to lose Hazard in the summer, and when you couple that with them not being able to sign players and potential to be playing Europa not Champions League football - they're the most vulnerable team in that top 6 for me.

They do have Pulisic coming in as a replacement for Hazard and Hudson-Odoi, Ampadu and Christensen in reserve. Their squad is a good one just not the right manager for them at the moment.

Pulisic is very raw.

Pulisic is very raw.

People said that about Ronaldo and Giggs at one point. They got thrown in and they look top draw. Even our very own Jota looks the nuts this season after very little top flight football. Look at the Ajax lads right now, all young and all brilliant, most are still a bit raw. But bloody hell they look good.

I think he'll swim rather than sink.

Back