• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

According to this he's on £35k per week!

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/wolverhampton-wanderers-f.c/payroll/

If we got a good offer for Ruddy we'd just promote Will Norris I reckon. Then look to get another decent youngster as 3rd choice.

If those figures are accurate then whilst the top 4 are understandable am surprised that, given the season he has had that Coady hasn't asked/been offered a contract renegotiation (& possibly also Doherty) especially seeing some of the names above him - such as Bennett, Bonatini & particularly Traore.

Doc was on double that in the Championship, let alone since we gave him a new deal.

MGW will be on way more than 1.5k too, he's down as less than his England colleague Will Norris!

Traore's makes me cry inside a bit

I have no idea how they would know those figures other than guesswork. I’m sure most of them are fair shouts as we could roughly guess them. But there’s no way Bonatini is on that wage

Pope would be real competition for a first team place, he may be better than Rui Patricio.

giphy.gif

Pope would be real competition for a first team place, he may be better than Rui Patricio.

SSSShhh

Dont tell anyone but youre probably right. This lot just dont know it yet. Besides he has played for Cambridge United, (Ruddy and Norris), is Cambridgeshire born ( Ruddy) and went to School at Kings Ely where I first started work- so I am biased.

SSSShhh

Dont tell anyone but youre probably right. This lot just dont know it yet. Besides he has played for Cambridge United, (Ruddy and Norris), is Cambridgeshire born ( Ruddy) and went to School at Kings Ely where I first started work- so I am biased.

Next season will certainly be a good indicator as to how good Pope is, I have him as easily the best English keeper at the current time.

He isn't Burnley's best keeper!

He isn't Burnley's best keeper!

actually its a toss up between him and Heaton tbf. Popes injury cost him last year. Without that I think he would have challenged Pickford for the jersey this season on last seasons form had he been fit. Burnley are in the great position of having Englands two best goalkeepers ( in my opinion , up for debate but both are better than Pickford). I am sure 1 of those 2 will leave in the summer.

Personally I would have thought Ruddy would want to play somewhere, but maybe not!

If we want a new keeper then ideally Angus Gunn from Southampton or Alex McCarthy.

I'd prefer Gunn but McCarthy has a few years in him

Both are better than Ruddy

Doubt it, won't get a start at any other PL club, probably settled in the area now. Another couple of years here and then look to wind his career down.

We won't actively look to sell him as he's got virtually no value (33 in October) and we'd have to spend money to replace him for no reason.

Ruddy’s family still live in Norwich, so he commutes 4 times a week I’m told.

Never get how a keeper can really be happy just being the dressing room guy. Suppose it counts for any position but with keeper they know they really will only play a few games.

Back