• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Read something this morning about OM needing to raise £100m in player sales this summer to stay within FFP regulations, so who knows on the Sanson rumours.

I would also take Trippier. He’s basically perfect for the RWB role.

I'd like Trippier. Poch made a mistake with his concussion and I think it took him quite a while to recover. He's a cracking player on his day.

I completely agree. He seems a well grounded chap too and he has a wand of a right foot with a dead ball which also increases our options. I do not want to sell Neves but I am just realistic that in the modern game we will do very well to keep him given the lure and draw of europe or one of the top sides that have been mentioned .

Everytime I have seen Spurs this year he has been starting over Aurier though. Where has the idea they want rid of him come from?

Aurier is crocked. Rumour is Poch doesn't think he can defend well enough in a 4 for the level they want to be at. He was poor against us twice, their fans accuse him of being lazy which from those games you can see why.

There'd be no price that would be popular for me to sell Neves. The only way we should entertain any offers is if he wants to leave.

You don't progress by selling your best players - a lot of the time people say things like "sell Neves for 60m thats 3 x 20m players" - except when those scenarios play out it hardly ever works out well.

I used "popular" as that was the term used in the original post. If we got £130m for Neves, Costa, Traore and Rudddy it would mean we'd got about £100m for Neves! I think most would agree that would be good business!

Trippier has been getting slagged off by Spurs fans even in the games they've been playing with wing-backs this season.

29 in September. Very much doubt that we'd be interested

29 in September. Very much doubt that we'd be interested

Why not?

How old are Jiminez, Rui & Moutinho?

Whilst we have a long term goal to sign younger players who we expect to grow in value we are also happy to sign players who will improve us in the short term even if it means their re-sale value is less than what we paid.

Why not?

How old are Jiminez, Rui & Moutinho?

Whilst we have a long term goal to sign younger players who we expect to grow in value we are also happy to sign players who will improve us in the short term even if it means they re-sale value is less than what we paid.

For the young players to realise their potential they need the right players around them so this makes good sense to me.

I don't think Trippier is that good. It would be nice to have competition at RWB but by the same token I want to see more of Vinagre next season and we always have the option of playing him LWB and moving Jonny to RWB if Doherty is out of form or injured.

It's going to be interesting to see how we go about the business in the summer, we don't need a lot of players but 3/4 that are of serious quality. A player who can play in the front 2 will be vital as for the rest of this season I want Jota and Raul on the pitch for every single minute - as soon as one of those 2 gets taken off it affects us massively.

Not a bad turnaround for Jota. End of November he was sharing the FFS status with Costa...

Hey, if Costa can become a sensation in the last handful of games, I'd be thrilled with that as well.

I think everyone (that I saw at least) thought Jota would come good eventually though - he was only 21 at the time - we have waited all season with Costa and he's not really showing any signs of rediscovering any type of form.

Jota also has form for playing in a front two. I'm not sure that was ever Costa's game. He's also devoid of confidence. I'd hoped his goal at Spurs would change things but it obviously hasn't (not least as we switched to a front two shortly thereafter).

I've been so desperate for Costa to come good.

Man City at home he ran Mendy ragged a couple of times, including winning the corner for the goal. Hopefully he'll settle now. No.

Man Utd him and Shaw had a right old ding dong. Costa rinsing him and Shaw giving as good as he got. Hopefully he'll settle now. No.

Played well in the second half against Spurs, should've scored. Hopefully he'll settle now. No.

Finally got some output from him with an assists against Newcastle and Bournemouth and a goal at Spurs, maybe now?!

Called up for and scores for Portugal.. surely that'll do the trick? No.

Bugs me no end because there's no question of ability, whether it's confidence, desire, or whatever else.

His season ended when we switched to the 2. Since then he has no real chance of a start and the odd appearance here and there so will never get close to the Costa we all love.

Costa wasnt actually as bad as it gets made out at times though . Not brilliant but he gets painted as someone as bad Greg Halford at times.

He was legit awful at Shrewsbury. That's about the only total shocker though.

The Jota stuff earlier in the season was ridiculous.

Back