• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

I think he broke that this season at one point. But it is a rare foray that sees him going past the edge of the D.

As good as we all know he is, he isn't really what Liverpool are after as far as I can see. At the moment they have four competent CMs in Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Fabinho, but none of them do enough to impact on the game in the final third so picking three from them leaves them a bit over-reliant on their forwards for goals and creativity. Keita hasn't come off yet, Shaqiri has always been hit and miss (with shite fitness) and sadly it looks like Lallana's best days are gone.

Neves doesn't fix that issue for them. You can argue he's already better than say, Henderson, but it leaves them with the same problem, there was a point with us where he'd never touched the ball in the 18 yard box for Wolves except when taking a penalty (don't know if this is still true).

I remember Millwall at home when he touched the ball in the area for the 1st time. That was one of 6 he took in the area last season. Haven't paid attention to whether or not he has done that this season. I doubt he has put a foot inside the area apart from the Pens

United would be the obvious move for him. Matic is over the hill, Herera off, McTominay WIP, Fred awful so far and they'll pay what we want.

They won't pay it. Not a chance. They are spunking all their cash on guaranteed already there types like Bale.

Neves simply hasnt played well enough in the premier league to warrant a huge money move. Plus hes happy with us, doesnt make any sence for him to move

Exactly. If we say, £100m plus to even start talking, then suitors will walk away immediately. Unless Ruben himself was pissed off, that would be the end of the matter.

Wolves have made a ‘verbal’ offer worth €42m for Marseille midfielder Morgan Sanson. [Le10 Sport]

“Neves replacement” comments incoming...

Sanson adds to our midfield. Removing Neves doesn't. That is a LOT of money though. Blimey.

If we are to break into or make it a top seven then making big profits is the only was to do it (FFP), problem being you cant do it and weaken your squad else you become another team suppling the big 6 with talent with their massive financial advantage. Its gonna take some doing and as happy as we all are with this season we aint very far in front of WHU.
But to be top tennish in the best league in the world is pretty good IMO.

You guys will know better than me but right now I feel that losing Jota would be worse for us than losing Neves. Obviously I hope they both stay here forever!

Man United lost Ronaldo to Real Madrid
Chelsea lost Courtois to Real Madrid
Liverpool Coutinho and Suarez to Barcelona
Torres went to Chelsea from Liverpool
Man City , Chelsea , Liverpool, Man United have had more ins and outs than the Hokey cokey and its brought them a consistant top 6th birth or titles or champions league or Europa league or trophy. Arsenal got slated for not spending and it has impacted on them. Spurs similarly.

Speculate to accumulate, however I like the fact that we have a system of playing that players have to buy into. I think that will be even more prevalent next season , taking on board the lessons learnt this year. I think Neves is happy but he is also ambitious. I would not blame him at all for looking at a team in the champions league. Whilst his form has not been as hot this year he has shown enough in our side to rival a fee more than Fred who looks awful. So thats where Man Utd could start.

Where we are currently it is natural for established teams with europe guaranteed from all over the continent to look at our best stars, thats why Jiminez signing permenantly was such a coup. But it may be that one of our bigger names does leave us in the summer and should that be Neves well so be it.

Assuming 352 is the future then he wouldn't be a good fit for us but Dan James looks like he's going to be some player. Would be good if Nuno reconsiders 343

Assuming 352 is the future then he wouldn't be a good fit for us but Dan James looks like he's going to be some player. Would be good if Nuno reconsiders 343

Yeah, he looks very, very good. I imagine he'll have quite a few people looking at him in the summer.

As you say, doesn't look like the kind of player to fit our system, unfortunately.

Can't say I'm familiar with Sanson but a quick youtube and he does seem to look quite Ruben-esque

If there's awful music then I apologise - I watched on mute :icon_biggrin:

Only 24 so not exactly the finished article himself

On Sanson, a number of French fans suggested the original source to the story hadn't got anything right in a few years, so there's probably nothing to it. There were also some Marseille fans comparing him to Zidane...

Sanson was was ridiculously highly rated coming out of Montpellier. Not sure how he's got on since, though.

This summer will be incredibly interesting. I do wonder if we'll recruit with 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 in mind.

To split up the Raul - Jota pairing would be utter lunacy.

To split up the Raul - Jota pairing would be utter lunacy.

Completely agree with this. To add, our midfield wouldn't work anywhere near as well if it was changed from a three to a two.

Buying a player like Sansom would be excellent, it would take him a few months to get up to speed as it has done with Donck but he could quite easily play games where we interchange our midfield 3 as he looks like he could play in either the Neves or Moutinho role.

If we're adding players of that quality you have to think a RWB, STR and CB would be the other players to come in. With only a couple of players going out (Cav, Costa and Traore) to keep the squad relatively tight.

On Sanson, a number of French fans suggested the original source to the story hadn't got anything right in a few years, so there's probably nothing to it. There were also some Marseille fans comparing him to Zidane...

Considering Ruben's better than Zidane do we really want to downgrade? :)

Back