• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

I think I would be tempted to admit that Traore just hasn't worked out. Other than that we need to add to the squad. We need some numbers so that we have as strong a bench as possible.

I'd rather have players who can play both but at a higher level. Watford have shown the value of having tactically flexible players.

-edit- to say they might consider MGW the player for the role,, which is fine, but we could really do with having a dribbler/ball-carrier from an attacking centre mid position, it's one thing we lack a bit at the moment. I know Traore is a dribbler, in a sense, but I think we can all agree he's just a RW at this point - couldn't see him working as a 10 or false 9.

I think out of the 3 Cavaleiro is the most likely to be moved on. A shame really as he's the best out of the 3 options IMO.

I could see us moving Costa on maybe. I would hope we keep Cav personally.

I think Costa will be moving on (sadly), he just looks totally bereft of confidence. If we get a good offer for Cav we will take it I think.

Traore offers something 'different' (whether you rate it or not) and that is something Nuno has stressed regarding incoming players. I think he will get another season. I don't really know where I stand on him. When he arrived I was quite intrigued to see what we could do to utilise his qualities but a year on I am still waiting to see it, which is a concern.

We will sign a forward to provide competition to Diogo and Raul for sure, and maybe another who can play wide and centrally like Diogo and to a lesser extent Cav.

I was sure we would sign a wing back before but less so now. I don't want someone to get in the way of Vinagre's development, where we could move Jonny to the right too. And Giles is a good young player too.

If we could go a centre back at the level of Boly (we have discussed some options before, like the Leipzig defenders) then that could make a big difference to how we play in possession. Bennett has done a fantastic job this season and Saiss has shown he is more than capable too but an upgrade their could take us to the next level.

Saiss' versatility might cost him a little bit, I think. Being the reliable deputy in two positions obviously carries a lot of value but equally it means he'll probably never be considered a starter for either.

Personally, I think the push for an additional forward who can make a real difference is going to be a difficult one. Raul and Diogo are so good, both individually but most importantly as a pairing that they're probably at just about the limit of what we can attract at the moment. I'm almost more worried about keeping hold of them, they're that bloody good!

Whilst I think our central midfield trio are excellent and it is without doubt our strongest area of the pitch in terms of depth/quality, I wouldn't be adverse to somebody coming in who can really commit people going forwards, particularly in the games where the opponents are sitting deep. It's a tough one to balance, as MGW could be that player in time and we're also then looking at leaving out one of our esteemed trio to accommodate somebody else.

A new RCB is imperative, although Saiss and Bennett would remain invaluable squad players. If we don't reach Europe, I'm not overly concerned about a new RWB.

Linked with Bruno Viana, centre back at Braga. Don't knwo any more about him though!

Wolud think that Costa is the most likely out, he doesn't ever seemed to have recovered from the injury. Won't retrieve all of the money back, but suspect that that is not really an issue for Fosun.

Cav would keep for one more year - does have uses, though games in which he fails to have an impact.

Traore - undecided, he does scare defenders at times but can also fail to have any end product (or idea) to what he does. Not sure that at the age he is now whether this will change. If we get a reasonable offer in the summer then on balance would be inclined to take it.

I CB to cover the right side & upgrade on Bennett/Saiss is needed. Also suspect that Ruddy will not want another year of sitting on the bench with occasional cap matches.

He might be a bit expensive now but Tielemans looks like he'd be a great replacement for Moutinho in the AM role.

He might be a bit expensive now but Tielemans looks like he'd be a great replacement for Moutinho in the AM role.
I'd think he's probably outside of their grasp now, he's been seriously impressive.

We have enjoyed a good relationship with Monaco of late :D

He knows Dendoncker well too.

I'd happily take Rony Lopes...

Astonishing how they've struggled this season with that squad.

I'm sure we'll persevere with Traore until at least January. He could be a super-effective impact sub for us if Nuno can improve him.

We have had a season of trying to improve him. Bugger all changes. He is very VERY quick, but that is pretty much it. He can't cross for toffee.

He couldn't yesterday but the main thing he has been good at this season is crossing.

We have had a season of trying to improve him. Bugger all changes. He is very VERY quick, but that is pretty much it. He can't cross for toffee.

Neither can Doc, to be fair, and, yes, Traore is frustrating, to say the least. It depends on what, if anything, Nuno thinks he can do with him, I guess. (And, of course, who we buy in the summer.) He doesn't play all that many minutes and we don't exactly need the money.

We won't get our money back with Traore - wouldn't object to another year, as what has been said he won't be a starter but an impact player in certain circumstances.

Not really sure that he is going to improve the end product enough now to take us forward so if a reasonable offer comes in then not fussed if he goes elsewhere.

Back