• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Liverpool linked with Vinagre in Portuguese press.

I think they might have to hand over a LOT more than they expect to get him.

He won't get to play for them often & has more chance with us.

Doubt he will want to go.

From sky sports

Wolves are chasing Liverpool youngster Rafa Camacho ahead of the summer transfer window, according to Goal.

The 18-year-old, who joined Liverpool from Man City three years ago, has just one year left on his deal at the club.

Wolves are reportedly after him, along with RB Leipzig, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon.

I think Traore has improved. However my issue is he still does that come to a complete stop, measure his player up, then burst past him. That's counter intuitive as whilst it looks exciting it gives the rest of the opposition the team to recover and mark players. He needs to be quicker with his thought and actions.

He does actually move off the ball every now and then which is much better than when he first signed, where he'd just stand around on the halfway line like a lemon.

The problem is:

a) He is a forward who never, ever looks like scoring. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he never scored for us again
b) He cannot play up front at all, so to accommodate him we have to switch to 3-4-3, and we almost always look significantly both less dangerous AND more vulnerable when we do that
c) He still lacks awareness whereby if he has 2-3 men on him (as he did at times yesterday) then we inevitably have to have someone else in acres of space. But this never gets exploited

He'll always be able to beat players and it looks flash and all that. If it doesn't come to anything though then what really is the point.

Is Camacho the lad who come on in the cup game? He looked fantastic for somebody so young.

Is Camacho the lad who come on in the cup game? He looked fantastic for somebody so young.

He started at right back for them - apparently he plays on the wing or right back for Liverpool, so right wing back might be a real option...

You might be thinking of hoever the centre back that came on as sub

Liverpool are unrivalled when it comes to being classless in the transfer market. Fun summer ahead I reckon.

Don’t think they will pay what we’d want. Not sure they will be in for a defensive midfielder this summer either.

Don’t think they will pay what we’d want. Not sure they will be in for a defensive midfielder this summer either.

I am not so sure especially with champions league guaranteed for next year. The greater the squad the better. They paid a nuts sum for a keeper so anything is possible. Neves is a real investment for a top club. Imagine 10 years of his talent? I would love it to be here but we have to be realistic.

The last paragraph of the piece is key. It won't be easy to prise him away.

We aren't Southampton. We have owners with a stupid number of billions and the ambition is to join the top table, not supply it.

The last paragraph of the piece is key. It won't be easy to prise him away.

We aren't Southampton. We have owners with a stupid number of billions and the ambition is to join the top table, not supply it.

As long as Ruben wants to stay then those billions comes in handy. If Ruben says he wants to go to Liverpool or whoever, then nothing else matters and he will go.

As good as we all know he is, he isn't really what Liverpool are after as far as I can see. At the moment they have four competent CMs in Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Fabinho, but none of them do enough to impact on the game in the final third so picking three from them leaves them a bit over-reliant on their forwards for goals and creativity. Keita hasn't come off yet, Shaqiri has always been hit and miss (with shite fitness) and sadly it looks like Lallana's best days are gone.

Neves doesn't fix that issue for them. You can argue he's already better than say, Henderson, but it leaves them with the same problem, there was a point with us where he'd never touched the ball in the 18 yard box for Wolves except when taking a penalty (don't know if this is still true).

Back