• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

What Costa did in the Championship prior to his injury was absolutely magical, our butcher is a staunch Baggie and he was drooling over him saying he reminded him of a young George Best. Maybe a bit wild and fanciful but just look back at some of the stuff he did that season, it was proper "Ooooh" inspiring stuff and I thought he would be right at home in the top flight. I've no idea what's happened, I suppose it's possible the better competition has made him withdraw into himself, but I'm sure the player he was is still in there somewhere. Either way he doesn't really fit our system now. Same with Cav, out of the lot I thought he would be the one to really shine following promotion but he has gone backwards as well by the look of it. Shame as I love the pair of them.

Jota; the old adage "Form is temporary, class is permanent" applies tenfold. The lad is a fucking baller of the highest order.

Assuming we don't make Europe and Nuno wants to stay with 352 then I think it's time to move away from Costa, Cav and Traore. Sign someone to play the Moutinho role, a RCB, 2 forwards - at least one of whom is versatile and a young RWB and you are back up to the squad size we had for the first half of the season.

Sign of great signings when I would say I want a Boly, Moutinho and Jimenez clone to come in.

As much as doc has proved himself surprisingly adept at this level, if Trippier is really available he would improve delivery down our right hand side by a huge amount. He was massive at the world cup, and could transform our fortunes against the lower half teams we have been struggling to break down.

He will doubtlessly go to West Ham or Everton and ruin his carreer though, if he goes.

I wouldnt want trippier on our team if he was the second coming of cafu. Absolute idiot. Much rather we split game time on both flanks evenly between doherty/ vinagre/ johnny even traore against shit sit back and defend teams.
Our top (realistic) priorities should be a top central defender to replace bennet and good backups for raul, jota and moutinho. As we have seen we are absolute shithouse when they dont play

from the BBC site

Burnley will listen to offers for 26-year-old goalkeeper Nick Pope, with Bournemouth among the clubs interested, while another England keeper, 31-year-old Joe Hart, could also leave the Clarets

I would be all over that(Pope) at the right price.

I'd have had hart here a couple of years ago,but went off him when that mistakes video narrated by Bonnie Tyler came out,you know the one,totally clips of Joe hart!

Oh come on made you snigger,and I've waited ages to use it

I'd have had hart here a couple of years ago,but went off him when that mistakes video narrated by Bonnie Tyler came out,you know the one,totally clips of Joe hart!

Oh come on made you snigger,and I've waited ages to use it

:clap:

Do we think Ruddy won't be sold this summer, then?

Don't see why Pope would want to switch one bench for another. He needs to play, I could see him going to promoted side, he'd improve Villa and Leeds for example.

Don't see why Pope would want to switch one bench for another. He needs to play, I could see him going to promoted side, he'd improve Villa and Leeds for example.

Leeds have just signed Casilla but I agree in general. Sheffield United have got the United young guy on loan haven't they? Pope would do well for them if they went up I reckon.

I suppose it depends how much John Ruddy is on at Wolves, but you'd think he'd want another crack at being #1 somewhere. He's more than capable of top 6 in the Championship for another couple of seasons

Doubt it, won't get a start at any other PL club, probably settled in the area now. Another couple of years here and then look to wind his career down.

We won't actively look to sell him as he's got virtually no value (33 in October) and we'd have to spend money to replace him for no reason.

We gave him a new contract but it depends on what Ruddy wants at this point in his career. He seems very happy here but he may want to be first choice. Top half Championship teams would definitely want him.

and we'd have to spend money to replace him for no reason.

Poor old England's Will Norris!

Personally I think Ruddy will ask to leave and end up in the Championship or a wildcard move to Rangers.

Bournemouth probably could do with a new keeper and they've shown a willingness to throw excessive amounts of £ at English players, so could see that happening. Off the top of my head I could see Spurs being interested as well - Vorm is nowhere near good enough a backup for where they are now, and between Europe and cup games they could probably offer Pope more playing time than he has now while grooming him to be Lloris' long term replacement.

In other news future Wolves player Joao Felix hit a hattrick last night against (10 men) Frankfurt

Back