• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

You guys dont want otamendi, a proven veteran, and vida, a world cup finalist whos built for the premier league, but you want lainez, a teenage 5 foot nothing and about 40kg?

Messi is a fucking giant of course.

Not the top European clubs we aren't. Not by a long way yet.

Let's see in the summer. That's why seventh and Europa qualification is really important for us.

Rumours Dias is off to Atletico according to the rumours. Juve and Man Utd interested as well. We aren't competing with that interest no matter how much higher profile we think we would be.

Nothing wrong with being ambitious with our targets dare I say I wouldn't mind both.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

No thanks to Vida, to echo Johnny he's the Croatian Stearman.

Ruben Dias would be a great signing but not chance are we getting him, he's off to someone much bigger. I'd take Otamendi, upgrade on Bennett and could do a job for a couple of seasons.

Paddy are you seriously comparing messi to lainez? Messi also doesnt play in the premier league. Dybala is world class, older more experienced and better built than lainez and wouldnt play well in the premier league either imo. He was shutdown by saiss in an international recently. Players like jota and david silva succeed because of determination, hussle, wiry strenght etc despite small builds

I see Ryan Babel has scored for Fulham again today. Thought he was a joke signing when he first joined but he has been pretty good for Fulham. Out of contract at the end of the season and I doubt he will stay, I'd take him for a season as I reckon he'd be a decent backup forward.

Paddy are you seriously comparing messi to lainez? Messi also doesnt play in the premier league. Dybala is world class, older more experienced and better built than lainez and wouldnt play well in the premier league either imo. He was shutdown by saiss in an international recently. Players like jota and david silva succeed because of determination, hussle, wiry strenght etc despite small builds

No. I was pointing out that Messi is of a small stature, and therefore you don't have to be huge to be a great great player. See - Maradona, Diego. Best,
George. Indeed - Jota, Diogo

I understand what youre saying but youre comparing him to the best players in the world here, and they have never had frail builts, short but stocky and strong. Jota is very strong for someone his size and he takes a ridiculous amount of punishment every time. I would honestly be surprised if he didnt end up a world class player. Premier league is very fast and physical, most frail finesse/technical players dont make it, I think david silva is only frail type player I can think of to be successful. Jesus too but hes ridiculously quick and wiry. Look at someone like alex pritchard, very technical and skillful player, same frail body type (although still bigger than lainez)- hasnt done much. Look what happened to giacherrini when he came in for sunderland from juventus, he was easily mom most games for the Italian national team and still flopped in england.
Anyways, just my opinion, if I was in charge I would be aiming for french league 1 players, plenty of young players with lots of pace and physical ability

I see Ryan Babel has scored for Fulham again today. Thought he was a joke signing when he first joined but he has been pretty good for Fulham. Out of contract at the end of the season and I doubt he will stay, I'd take him for a season as I reckon he'd be a decent backup forward.

Yep, agreed.

I understand what youre saying but youre comparing him to the best players in the world here, and they have never had frail builts, short but stocky and strong. Jota is very strong for someone his size and he takes a ridiculous amount of punishment every time. I would honestly be surprised if he didnt end up a world class player. Premier league is very fast and physical, most frail finesse/technical players dont make it, I think david silva is only frail type player I can think of to be successful. Jesus too but hes ridiculously quick and wiry. Look at someone like alex pritchard, very technical and skillful player, same frail body type (although still bigger than lainez)- hasnt done much. Look what happened to giacherrini when he came in for sunderland from juventus, he was easily mom most games for the Italian national team and still flopped in england.
Anyways, just my opinion, if I was in charge I would be aiming for french league 1 players, plenty of young players with lots of pace and physical ability

We need a Dave Edwards type and a proper snotter in midfield

Some stretch to make out like Giaccherini was the big star of the Italian national side. [emoji23]

There have been plenty of small players in the Premier League that have done just fine, your opinion on this subject seems somewhat outdated. Mata is small, slight and not even pacey to make up for it, he performed very well for Chelsea in spite of all that. Even Deco managed some good performances with similar challenges to overcome and he didn't rock up until he was an old man, a bit like Moutinho who's making himself a front runner for POTS! Not just restricted to home grown players either, most would say Jarvis was pretty much Wolves best player on the last PL visit, Lennon had a largely successful PL career and then you've got someone like Owen who did well enough to even earn a move to Real Madrid.

Jarvis was more a jota built, mata is more of a moutinho. Lainez is absolutely tiny.
Giacherinni was mom for the italian team half the games they played the year he moved to sunderland, as unbeliavable as that sounds, he was really good for juve too

He was really good for Juve and Italy but moved to a terrible Sunderland? Read that out loud and you’ll realise you’re talking bollocks.

Im not gonna argue with you, go read up on the 2013 confederations cup, he was italys best player nearly every game

In the noddiest international tournament going!

He played 17 games for Juve the year he moved to Sunderland, you'd think he'd have got more games if he was playing so well.

Back