• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Paul Scholes had to have been quite short.

So short is the same as being tiny and frail?
Moutinho and jota are short, would you say theyre the same build as alex pritchard or lainez (as was the original argument)?
The english game favours tall, strong, fast players. 95% of players leading the scoring, assists, defensive charts are exactly that. Doesnt mean there arent exceptions

I don’t even know who Lainez is!!

Jota isn’t short, Moutinho is but isn’t a powerhouse [emoji1787]

Pritchard isn’t struggling because he is short, he is struggling because he isn’t good enough. He was fine in the championship which has a reputation for being physical. The reason he was fine...because he was better than everyone else, regardless of stature.

Let’s look at your leading scorers chart...

Agüero - small
Salah - small + weak
Kane - I’ll give you
Mane - average
Aubameyang - tall but not powerful
Sterling - small + weak
Hazard - small + weak

When shall I stop ?

Wasn't quick either. Nor particularly strong.

Not arguing about mata, like I said silva is similiar although faster.
Again, im not saying small weak players cant do well, im saying english game favours strong, tall, fast players with great endurance. Look at dohertys game, would he be as effective if he was short and shit in the air? Its a huge plus for him.
Anyways, im done discussing this, were not going to agree so its pointless. I dont see a point in tiny players who are going to be a pushover, when we can get tall, fast, strong ones who are also skilful

Edit- you guys must be joking if you are saying salah, mane, sterling, sane, alli, aguero, zaha, abymeyang etc are not physical specimen, all incredibly fast and quite strong too. Hazard is the only one who I would say is frail out of those but he is very fast and incredibly skilful

I don’t even know who Lainez is!!

Jota isn’t short, Moutinho is but isn’t a powerhouse [emoji1787]

Pritchard isn’t struggling because he is short, he is struggling because he isn’t good enough. He was fine in the championship which has a reputation for being physical. The reason he was fine...because he was better than everyone else, regardless of stature.

Let’s look at your leading scorers chart...

Agüero - small
Salah - small + weak
Kane - I’ll give you
Mane - average
Aubameyang - tall but not powerful
Sterling - small + weak
Hazard - small + weak

When shall I stop ?
The only similarity amongst most of those, Kane aside, is pace.

Sadio Mane 5 foot 9
Mo Salah 5 foot 9

shiiiiittttt - why are all these short fuckers good????

Again, im not saying small weak players cant do well, im saying english game favours strong, tall, fast players with great endurance. Look at dohertys game, would he be as effective if he was short and shit in the air? Its a huge plus for him.
Anyways, im done discussing this, were not going to agree so its pointless. I dont see a point in tiny players who are going to be a pushover, when we can get tall, fast, strong ones who are also skilful

This just in: players who are fast, strong, and skillful are good.

Roberto Firmino is a tall rangy fucker at 5 foot 11

By comparison the Doog was 6 foot 2

I’m going to bite again

It helps Doherty’s game because we deliberately target his aerial ability. If he was shorter and quicker he might offer us more by getting round players!

Tall skillful players aren’t really a thing. Hence “good feet for a big man”. Obviously there are anomalies.
You sound like you play too Much Football manager where you filter your player searches by Pace - 15, Strength - 15. I did the same when i used to play. It isn’t real life.

Sign him up.
0a45d7daee0a55302ddd6fa3584116be.jpg

I love these examples of a dozen world class players...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksp...r-league-average-height-smallest-tallest/amp/

Average height in the premier league is 183cm. Were 6th at above 184cm average, thats 6'2 AVERAGE
Obviously there are different definitions of "strong", but to me, sprinter build or boxer build is strong, someone who can hold the ball up and not get easily knocked off it.

Jota is super strong for his built yes. The only way they can stop him is to foul him

Back