• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Upgrade Dendoncker? He’s been fucking brilliant. If he had his shooting boots on more often he’d be labelled one of the best midfielders we’ve had as he could have had seven or eight goals by now. He’ll be even better next season.

Donk has been excellent since coming into the team. His only weakness seems to be on the goal scoring front. When we play teams set up defensively having a player who has a bit more creativity and goal threat could make a huge difference but finding one who offers that along with all the stuff Donk does well is not going to be easy or cheap.

Last edited:
The only problem with Dendoncker has been his lack of goals. We need to improve that situation either by him scoring more himself or by buying someone better.

We can't afford to be dewey-eyed about it, even though Dendoncker has helped us to improve this season, we've got to step up next season and one of those improvements is to score more from midfield.

Should probably upgrade that Raul chap too whilst we're at it. Missed a pretty easy chance at 0-0 yesterday.

Should probably upgrade that Raul chap too whilst we're at it. Missed a pretty easy chance at 0-0 yesterday.

Aye, and I thought he seemed pretty rubbish at the World Cup too...

I was trying to make a serious point, but if the opportunity arises, why not?

Upgrade Donck? What madness is this? He's been brilliant. I'm all for getting a strong squad and more goals from midfield is a must be he's one of the biggest reasons we have had success in the second half of the season.

I suspect more goals will come as we get a number 10 in and play them against the more defensive minded teams.

I'm not a fan of Vida based on the World Cup. More reactive than proactive.

I'd be happy with an upgrade for Donck if it was N'golo Kante.......so think we'll be sticking with him

Upgrade Donck? What madness is this? He's been brilliant. I'm all for getting a strong squad and more goals from midfield is a must be he's one of the biggest reasons we have had success in the second half of the season.

I suspect more goals will come as we get a number 10 in and play them against the more defensive minded teams.

Who does the new Number 10 play in place of?

The man makes a fair point there!

Possibly Bennett as Donck drops back to a centre back position? Otherwise it is Donck, as no way are we dropping Neves or Moutinho!

The man makes a fair point there!

Possibly Bennett as Donck drops back to a centre back position? Otherwise it is Donck, as no way are we dropping Neves or Moutinho!

Classic dilemma isn't it? Donck has made a huge difference to us. He's an outlet for kicks from Patricio, breaks up play, covers loads of ground and generally keeps things ticking over. If you want to add more goals you are looking at a £40m+ player. Sigurdson scores more goals but doesn't do the rest as well and he cost about that. In the long run Donck could drop deeper but no vacancies there at he moment. Even if h could replace Bennett I think we'd miss him where he is playing currently.

You lot realize the amount of games were gonna have next season, considering were 1/25 odds for 7th and europe now? And moutinho is going to be 34, hes gonna play 90 minites in 50+ games is he? I think dendonker is gonna turn into a class player, I dont see any problem in trying to upgrade him though, considering we play with three central midfielders
I would absolutely try to upgrade raul if we could, especially since we are so shit without him. A raul and an even better raul on oir team sounds amazing. Its just going to be nigh impossible to upgrade raul.

Sebastian Haller. It would cost £50m though.

That would be ok though wouldn't it? Rather sign 1 or 2 class players than 4 or 5 squad fillers.
Do we have any idea what the realistic total spend could be during close season?

Back