• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

The best player we have currently, no doubt in my mind. Will be a world class player soon enough

Personally, I think we're going to be beating off suitors for Jota with a stick this summer.

Jota doesnt strike me as the type that would go elsewhere for a bit more money, hes very happy with us and hes knows were only going up. Fuck me, imagine locking a euro spot first season back in the premier league

Personally, I think we're going to be beating off suitors for Jota with a stick this summer.

Easy. Just do what we did with Neves and make it VERY public that you are talking £100m plus

Easy. Just do what we did with Neves and make it VERY public that you are talking £100m plus
Sure, but if a UCL club shows interest it would be hard to begrudge him wanting to go prove himself at that level.

Sure, but if a UCL club shows interest it would be hard to begrudge him wanting to go prove himself at that level.[/QUOTE
Nope, that's true but if he wants to go then that's the price. 100m

Times on our side with all our top guys. If they are 24-25 at a an average team then they might want to go. But they have years ahead and are at a club where they are settled and the club is on a sharp upward trajectory.

Jota has also already had a move to a big club and didn’t get a look in. So he knows first hand that the grass isn’t always greener.

Obviously if an elite club comes in then you can’t keep them. But he’s not at that level yet.

Times on our side with all our top guys. If they are 24-25 at a an average team then they might want to go. But they have years ahead and are at a club where they are settled and the club is on a sharp upward trajectory.

Jota has also already had a move to a big club and didn’t get a look in. So he knows first hand that the grass isn’t always greener.

Obviously if an elite club comes in then you can’t keep them. But he’s not at that level yet.

Good post and fair point. It appeArs we pay ok. If we continue to improve then players will stay. Oh, and if we don't to improve we will win things but don't say that out loud!

Marko Grujic will supposedly be available off Liverpool. He's having a good year in Berlin, or so I understand.

I find it a bit strange thinking about this transfer window as I love our team and it’s hard to see how to get new faces into it. I guess I’d be looking at a CB, RWB, CM and a forward but all as cover at least initially unless we break the bank on a ready made world class player.

I find it a bit strange thinking about this transfer window as I love our team and it’s hard to see how to get new faces into it. I guess I’d be looking at a CB, RWB, CM and a forward but all as cover at least initially unless we break the bank on a ready made world class player.

I’m sure most of us feel the same. We have a very good first 11 but then very little after that. I was worried yesterday when Nuno was going to bring MGW on. Fortunately we scored so he thought better of it.

CB is obviously clear to everyone that we could easily improve in, but the biggest difference will be having forwards or midfield players you can bring in who will give us something more rather than much less in the last 30. At the moment in the step down from Jota and Raul is huge, likewise Moutinho and Neves

So pleased how well Jota has been playing over the last few months. I've always maintained that a player who can run at defenders at pace cause so many problems for them and with VAR next season, we could be getting the penalties given too. I don't think Traore can deliver what we need, yes he has pace and trickery, but no end product. We need to be looking for another Jota type to bring in to assist especially in case of injuries. Its been a great season and can hopefully get better.

We don’t want to be bringing in players as cover, we want to be bringing in players that improve the team. Bennett and Doherty have improved immensely (and yes I’m one of the twats who would have given Doherty away two years ago) but they can be improved upon. Anyone we buy needs to add something to the squad and fit seamlessly into the first team, not just fill out bench spaces.

We don’t want to be bringing in players as cover, we want to be bringing in players that improve the team. Bennett and Doherty have improved immensely (and yes I’m one of the twats who would have given Doherty away two years ago) but they can be improved upon. Anyone we buy needs to add something to the squad and fit seamlessly into the first team, not just fill out bench spaces.
This. We should be looking to improve the first team, and have some of the current first team act as backups.
That best said, its gonna be extremely hard to improve on what doherty does offensively. First upgrade for me would be bennett then dendonker to give him a boot up his arse and improve his game.

This. We should be looking to improve the first team, and have some of the current first team act as backups.
That best said, its gonna be extremely hard to improve on what doherty does offensively. First upgrade for me would be bennett then dendonker to give him a boot up his arse and improve his game.

The same Denoncker that has probably had 1 poor game since he came into the team 4 months ago? He doesn't need a kick up the backside at all.

I won't even try and second guess where we will improve this summer because if you had asked me at this point last year I wouldn't have expected Douglas to be sold (thought we would sign a LWB but not sell him) and the same with upgrading on Ruddy.

That’s incredibly harsh on Dendonker, for me- he worked his arse off first half of the season to get into contention, and had made himself indispensable since.

He’s made the odd mistake, and I imagine the semifinal will haunt him for the rest of his career, but the idea that we should buy a replacement as a punishment or a threat is pretty damned disrespectful. If we can improve him, fine, but he’s been great for us.

Gosh, you set high standards in Sofia. Given that Donk has only played half a season I think he’s been bloody good.
More seriously, so what if we are signing an 18 year old who doesn’t weigh much? I have absolute faith in our medical/conditioning team. I think KT was saying we’ve had something like 98% availability for the first team squad this year. You can argue about who is the PL player/manager of the season but I suspect the Wolves medical team are way out on their own.
Would be quite interesting to see a pic of Diogo Jota when he first arrived as a 20 year old to how he is now. Suspect he’s filled out/strengthened a lot.

Back