• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

He’s got decent delivery and decent shot on him. No real pace though.

Basically a deluxe James Henry. Stop him coming inside on his left and you know he won’t go round you or whip one in on his right

Soloman March from Brighton anyone?

I only saw him against Millwall but he looked quality

Other than the fact we don't play with wingers why would we buy another left winger when we have 2?

Every time I see March he looks really poor, IMO.

Yeah, I don't really rate March at all.
What an unequivocal answer from us all :yikes:

I think he's great, sign him.

there you go Sam, now we can argue

March looked quite handy in their title winning season but hasn't done anything of note for BHA in the PL

Taken from a Brighton fan on FF
No votes for Solly March yet? A winger with absolutely no end product. Can’t beat a man, can’t finish, can’t cross. Is solid enough defensively but offers very little else

I think he's great, sign him.

there you go Sam, now we can argue

Haha brilliant. I'm usually more often than not happy to play devil's advocate in these scenarios, but I honestly don't know what redeeming features he really has, and that's without beginning to think how he'd fit into how we play.
Happy to hear your opinion on what he could do for us, other than be the next person the forum collectively doesn't rate :icon_wink:

he's better than costa ffs

:devilsmile:

he's better than costa ffs

:devilsmile:

I appreciate this is tongue in cheek, but I'm now interested.

In the Prem, March has scored or assisted (only 8 over two seasons) every 491 minutes; Costa on the other hand has scored or assisted (3) every 441 minutes...

Moving onto the Championship, March has scored or assisted (just 12 over four seasons!) every 286 minutes, while Costa (29 over two seasons...) involved every 150 minutes.

Conclusion: You can use Stats to show whatever you want, but in this fashion, a big fat no to Solomon.

Some might say I have too much time on my hands at work!

One good sub appearance against a relegation threatened Championship side...sign him up.

To be fair March stood out in that game.

I haven't seen much of him though so I'll bow to the consensus.

Ok fair enough, we cant loan him again, but what about a lower offer with add on based on performance or something? Are we ceirtain its buy out clause or we lose him? 38m is a staggering amount of money for any player, but even more so for someone whos 28.
18m for traore was ridiculous but im sure we can atleast get 10-12m of that back if he fails to perform.
Say we have 60m for next season and we spend 40m on raul, considering we need an upgrade to bennet, another striker and a backup at rb minimum, who are we buying for 20m total?
Are we sure benefica wont agree to say 20m now plus half a mill per goal and a sell on clause or something?

Greetings from Lisbon, I come in peace lol :shakehand:
I was curious about the Jimenez situation, the supporters' opinion about him, etc, so I decided to join your forum.

The fee is €38 million, so "only" £32.5 million at the current exchange rate (Brexit may or may not significantly change this). You paid £2.55 for the loan.
Considering the positive season he is having, if Wolves don't active the £32M buy option, it's very unlikely Benfica would sell it to Wolves. As a matter of principle, and to discourage similar situations in the future with other clubs, we would probably be willing to accept a bit less money from another club instead of selling to Wolves, if you let the buy option expire. It's kinda the same logic why you shouldn't pay ransoms, if you pay once you will be targeted again in the future. There's also the realistic option of Benfica keeping him (especially if we qualify directly to the CL), we will need a new striker, assuming one of our best ones will retire at the end of the season, due to chronic back injuries. The previous manager, with whom Jimenez didn't play as much as he wanted, was sacked a few months go.

So basically if Wolves don't active the buy option, the probability of Jimenez returning to Wolves would be very slim.
Good luck for the rest of the season, especially the FA Cup :)

(btw, I made a typo when I typed the username too fast, it should have been Benfica1904, any way this can be changed? :p)

I was curious about the Jimenez situation, the supporters' opinion about him, etc, so I decided to join your forum.

The fee is €38 million, so "only" £32.5 million at the current exchange rate (Brexit may or may not significantly change this). You paid £2.55 for the loan.
Considering the positive season he is having, if Wolves don't active the £32M buy option, it's very unlikely Benfica would sell it to Wolves. As a matter of principle, and to discourage similar situations in the future with other clubs, we would probably be willing to accept a bit less money from another club instead of selling to Wolves, if you let the buy option expire. It's kinda the same logic why you shouldn't pay ransoms, if you pay once you will be targeted again in the future. There's also the realistic option of Benfica keeping him (especially if we qualify directly to the CL), we will need a new striker, assuming one of our best ones will retire at the end of the season, due to chronic back injuries. The previous manager, with whom Jimenez didn't play as much as he wanted, was sacked a few months go.

So basically if Wolves don't active the buy option, the probability of Jimenez returning to Wolves would be very slim.

(btw, I made a typo when I typed the username too fast, it should have been Benfica1904, any way this can be changed? :p)

Welcome to the forum Benfica1908(or1904!)

We will buy him for the fee stated in the original loan agreement. As for the username I'll put in a request for you.

Welcome mate. We’ll definitely be buying him, he’ll be an absolute steal at that price.

Back