• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Bonatini has already said he's enjoying his time at forest and would be willing to make the move permanent. I can't imagine Wolves would protest too much.

How's Bonatini actually doing at Forest? Anyone been having a looksee?

That's the weird thing, I don't believe he's even started or scored yet. Only a couple sub appearances last I checked. But I guess if he's enjoying the atmosphere more power to him.

edit -- https://www.sofascore.com/player/leo-bonatini/156027

Avg
. SofaScore rating 6.70
Matches
Total played 5
Started 2
Minutes per game 33

Goals
Goals 0
Goals per game 0.0
Shots per game 0.4
Big chances missed 1

Passes
Assists 0
Accurate per game 9.6 (77%)
Big chances created 0

Remember it's Euros not Pounds. So slightly cheaper!

Not for long, the way this government is going!

Notable that on the list Langers posted Raul has the lowest shots-on-target percentage. That's encouraging imo: still room for improvement in what is already a cracking asset.

Bonatini has already said he's enjoying his time at forest and would be willing to make the move permanent. I can't imagine Wolves would protest too much.

Don't think he's doing enough for Forest to bother pursuing a permanent deal, he's been a complete non-event for them so far according to the Forest fans I know.

Don't think he's doing enough for Forest to bother pursuing a permanent deal, he's been a complete non-event for them so far according to the Forest fans I know.

Same - just posted on the loan thread.

MoN has him playing out wide doesn't he? Certainly played left side on Saturday which is utterly pointless

Rodri or Partey would do me (wishful thinking, but not quite as much as hoping for Saul haha), not that we need reinforcements in that area yet anyway...
Partey or Lemar for me. We can dream!

Pablo Fornals would be the dream signing for me if Villareal somehow manage to drop.

Not to divert too much from the Raul love-in but I think it's a safe assumption there will be a few outgoings this summer as well. It's never a pleasant topic but even just looking at those who aren't involved regularly with the matchday squad:

Bonatini
Hause
Ebanks-Landell
Burgoyne
Deslandes
Miranda
Ofosu-Ayeh
Graham
Enobakhare
Ronan
Mir
Wilson
Zyro

I'm not totally up on the contract situation of all those but I'd guess there's a few million here or there to be brought in from that lot. Not saying all of them will go but they'd have to have a very big turnaround in fortune to break into the matchday squad as it is now.

-edit- I am forgetting a few as well, I'm sure

I'd say will get rid of all of those except EEL, who will have earned another contract to see his career out, on loan from Wolves.

Pablo Fornals would be the dream signing for me if Villareal somehow manage to drop.

Villareal have a bevy of players you'd want to take a look at if they conspire to fuck up this badly, now you mention it. Fornals will almost surely be going to one off the big boys regardless, but...

Karl Toko-Ekambi
Alfonso Pedraza
Mario Gaspar
Manu Trigueros
Santi Caseres
Samuel Chukwueze

All would be worth at least inquiring about.

Fornals definitely, Moreno could be decent alternative to Jimenez. Asenjo is a quality keeper but I can't see us buying one of those, well not of that quality anyway.

We’ve mentioned Bowen before, is he worth a bid? What would Hull want with him being a young British talent (assume the Maddison region).

Is he good enough for where we want to be?

Final decision due before end of the season but wages and contract all agreed with Jimenez. Great news

We will surely sign him. Wonder if we're trying to negotiate the price down a bit or perhaps waiting for what seems like the inevitable (and worked for by parliament I suspect) decision to remain in the EU, improving the exchange rate for a few days.

I would imagine we will hold off until we have to, just in case he does a cruciate or something in the next 8 games.

Soloman March from Brighton anyone?

I only saw him against Millwall but he looked quality

Decent young player but not for the level that we are aiming for.

Edit: 25 this year too! I thought he was younger than that

Not even sure he's Premier League quality. He does very, very little at this level.

Back